Utopian.io is one of Steem most awesome project. It has distributed more than half a million dollars worth of Steem, to more than 6,300 different open source enthusiasts on more than 69,000 contributions.
@Utopian-io is the idea that Steem can and should be used to reward open source contributors. This idea first sprang in @elear's mind which he then implemented and finally announced on September 29, 2017.
A month ago, when in Rome, I asked him if he would be willing to meet, to which he agreed, to the great excitement of @karensuestudios and I.
Based on the genius of what he built and how he described himself, I knew to expect a very smart, upbeat and funny guy.
He drove an hour to pick us up, minutes after he had hop off MSP radio where he was on a special Steem panel with other Steemians.
After we ate at this top-notch pizzeria, we headed out for some nightlife adventures for which I keep very awesome memories!
Utopian Fun Facts!
- Utopian.io rewards open source projects
- Founded by @elear in September 2017
- Officially registered company since January 2018
- 50+ community managers, moderators, and collaborators (total)
- @utopian-io reached top 20 witness this month (currently #21)
- Steem's 3rd most powerful vote (#1 active voter)
- 6,300+ different contributors
- 69,000+ contributions
Learn more at Utopian.io/Guidelines and begin to earn!
- Official Steem.chat
- Peace, Abundance, Liberty (Minnow Support Project)
- SteemSpeak.com (24h/7 Voice chat)
50% of the profit of this post will go to @karensuestudios!