So in a conversation with @improv earlier in the week I suggested that I might be able to build a service that would take a posting authorization and use it to automatically vote comments made by @steembasicincome. Which I absolutely can do; I already have a bot doing that for one of my own accounts, and the authorization part is easy enough to add.
What I don't know is what people think are appropriate settings, and how they would prefer commands. Lately SBI has been commenting a lot, with people playing with the new bot and @josephsavage being in a particularly verbose mood with his manual comments, but I expect that will tail off shortly; @rishi556 is close to ready to deploy the Discord version of the status bot, and Joseph will undoubtedly slow down again someday.
Even so, voting all of the comments has eaten a ton of voting power from that account, and I don't want to stick people with that. So I need some sort of limits for it. Questions:
- Do you want to be able to define a voting power percentage to vote comments?
- Do you want to be able to set a minimum VP for your account to make a vote?
- Do you want to be able to set a maximum number of votes per day?
- Do you want to be able to set a specific dollar value to be voted per day? week?
- Do you want commands in Steem comments via a ! command?
- Do you want commands in memo transfers?
Ideally all of these could happen easily, and I could add web and Discord interfaces too, but practically each of these things takes time and I'd like to know which ones are most important to people who might use it. Also, if you have any other ideas.