The big day is upon us. The first State of Steem Forum starts in 80 minutes at 8pm UTC on MSP Waves.
Steemit Inc is looking to hand the running of the Steem blockchain over to the Community.
But how, who, what, when and where? The community has got to work this out.
The State of Steem forums are a first little step on this evolution of Steem into a truly decentralised, community run blockchain.
Come along, join in and be part of the Steem (R)Evolution.
STOP PRESS :: STOP PRESS
These are likely to evolve and be refined but this is the current schedule for the forums...
Forum 1 (13 December) : The State of Steem - where we are, where we are going, Steem v Steemit Inc, defining roles, community 'takeover'
Forum 2 (20 December) : Technology - nodes, RocksDB, SMTs etc
Forum 3 (10 January) : DApps, Apps & Developments - nodes, business plans, delegations, marketing
Forum 4 (17 January) : Attracting investors, revenue streams, advertising
Forum 5 (24 January) : Marketing, onboarding, PR
Forum 6 (31 January) : Content creation, curation, retention
All are on Thursdays 8pm - 11pm UTC/UK on MSP Waves.
To make the numbers manageable we will be inviting certain witnesses, developers and community leaders to participate as speaking guests.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in the discussion through the live chat on the PAL/MSP Discord channel during the forums.
I am keen to make the discussions as inclusive as possible so if anyone would like to come on air for any of the particular forums please do message me in Discord (Pennsif#9921) and we will do our best to include you.
Forum 1 (Thursday 13 December) : The State of Steem
For the first State of Steem overview forum this Thursday the steemians coming along to speak are...
- @aggroed - Top 20 witness and Steem Monsters co-founder
- @anomadsoul - witness and co-founder of SteemOnboarding
- @crypto.talk - developer of Partiko
- @exyle - Top 40 witness and leading steem vlogger
- @fredrikaa - co-founder of SteemPress
- @hr1 - expert in AI-enhanced curation and founder of Steeve app
- @imacryptorick - co-manager of the Israeli Steem community and founder of the Steem Promotion Task Force
- @llfarms - Curie Community Manager, and co-founder of C-Squared
- @lukestokes - voluntaryist, programmer and Top 20 witness
- @nathanmars - DTube empowerer
- @paulag - Witness, and steem data expert
- @shadowspub - community leader, Steemit Ramble
- @starkerz - co-founder of Oracle-D and Promo-Steem
- @taskmaster4450 - tecnologist, futurist and leading steem blogger
- @themarkymark - Top 30 witness, developer, spam fighter and owner of Buildawhale
- @therealwolf - Top 30 witness, developer and owner of Smartsteem
- @yabapmatt - Top 20 witness and Steem Monsters co-founder
I will be joined by @teamhumble as co-host of the forum.
We will be looking at the 'big picture' of how the community can take an increasing role in the running of Steem blockchain as Steemit Inc moves back to its original core blockchain development role.
We will be exploring who is doing what so far. What else needs to be done by the community and who might take on the required tasks and roles.
The broader discussion of this overview forum will lead on to more focussed and detailed talks on the various themes and topics in the subsequent forums.
The next few months will be extremely important for the Steem Blockchain.
There will be much to be discussed and much to be done.
It is hoped that these State of Steem forums can play a useful role in helping to bring the community together to explore the issues at hand so that Steem can move forward as fruitfully as possible.
Do please listen to the forums and join in the discussion.
If you have any questions about the forums please comment below, or better still message myself or any members of the team on Discord...
SOS Daily News
To provide a quick and easy reference source of all the latest posts and information about what is going on on Steem I am producing the SOS Daily News. This is the latest edition ...
Where to find the forums & how to listen in
The forums will air on MSP Waves Radio on Thursdays from 8pm to 11pm UTC.
If you need to convert UTC time to your local time visit World Time Buddy
To join in with the chat during the forums please join the PAL/MSP Discord server.
My DSound Picks of the Week
Mingled in with the discussion I will be playing a number of my top picks from DSound this week including...
This show is supported by DSound