After an extended hiatus from Steemit, @Raserrano convinced me to come back.
I realized several different things that led to my absence.
- The first was, I had not quite created a habit. According to research, it takes anywhere from 15-30 days to create a habit (common answer is 21 days).
- I encountered a difficult life event. It made me feel unmotivated to accomplish anything extra in life. There were many times for the first couple weeks where I thought about Steemit at night when I was free, but I devoted my time to other facets of life that would distract me from my situation more easily.
- I needed (and still need) to connect with more people on Steemit. There was only a few people whom I was regularly interacting with or actively following, of course @RASerrano, @Rhyt, @SoyKatonline, @JRB450 and @ganjafarmer (who wanted to meet up in Portland, and then I didn't get back on Steemit until now... sorry man!). Hopefully, this people will continue to enjoy what I wrote, and help me continue to grow on Steemit.
- I had created 2-3 posts that I had not posted, but I didn't feel creative enough. Maybe now I'll have some more creative juices flowing! I have a list of brainstormed ideas for topics.
- I'd love to get your input and feedback!