Agenda Item One
We looked at the finalized curation guidelines, which are pretty simple:
- See About Information War
- Curators have full discretion to curate a specific post or not; it's one reason we have several curators...to have a different range of what is curated or not.
- Anyone may use the IW tag for any post
- We are committed to providing an avenue for alternate news to be heard...whether that post is within our guidelines depends on the judgement of the curators
- There is not a set of rules in which a post is guaranteed to be curated
- There is NO guarantee a post will be curated; not for stakeholders, not for the best post written. All we can do is the best we can do.
Hate speech and use of the tag
We aren't going to censor posts from the @informationwar account. Period.
Hate speech is subjective... it really is used to mean things people don't want to hear because they are uncomfortable
If the Steemit community finds a post too egregious, individuals, including curators on their own personal accounts, may flag, but the @informationwar account itself does not censor!
Investment in the community
If people use the tag without supporting the community, then sooner or later delegators are going to bail on us.
On the other hand, new Steemers don't have the Steem Power to pitch in.
Since the point of this is mutual support, we strongly encourage you to support @informationwar. A strong IW account is better able to serve our message and our community. Curation does depend on your support.
Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Join the curation trail
- Upvote the curation comment.
- Kick back a percentage of the payout you receive from curation
- Help us spread the word by sharing our links
- Delegation of Steem Power
- There are other things such as designing logos, or doing research, or maybe writing requested posts
We'd like to reassure you that all this is on a VOLUNTARY basis, and is not required...however, making us stronger does make our curation stronger
And we will provide more detail on these methods.
There were other ideas discussed in context with these points, but we're going to put those aside for the time being.
These were the bigger items we needed to discuss before moving on. We'll be looking at a possible road map to grow the community over the next two weeks.
We are looking at a recruitment week in the last week of May, like we did back in March
There will be no meeting on May 19
Thanks for reading!