One cup of cooked chickpeas contains:
- 269 calories
- 45 grams of carbohydrate
- 15 grams of protein
- 13 grams of dietary fiber
- 4 grams of fat
- 0 grams of cholesterol.
It is said that it is better to be cooked because it is not advised to eat raw and better get from soaked chickpeas rather than those from can as they might contain added preservatives.
Benefits to your health? Here are some:
* High Fiber - which regulates blood sugar level for those who have Diabetes; prevents constipation that helps digestion;
* Selenium & Folate - helps prevent cancer
* Potassium - maintains low blood pressure and also supports heart health
* Iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium and vitamin K - contributes to maintaining bone structure and strength
Still we must not rely on one healthy food to help our health problems, while still young we must live a healthy lifestyle. Let's promote a healthy lifestyle by learning better food options.
If you haven't checked my previous posts related to health, see below:
Please upvote if you like this post, comment if you know, I miss something! :) And follow me while we learn how to live a healthy lifestyle.
Credits to: Medical News Today