Sunflower Seeds contain many nutrients that our body need. These are the most valuable nutrients we should have that are found from a 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds:
* VITAMIN E - is an antioxidant that may be found in many nuts and seeds but sunflower have the most amount of it which helps reduce redness and swelling.
* SELENIUM - it plays vital role in thyroid hormone metabolism - which means it helps regulate metabolism if you make a healthy thyroid hormones.
* MAGNESIUM - our muscles and skeletal system requires magnesium for proper function. It also helps our mental health if we are going through depression.
* FOLATE - which promotes CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
* PHYTOSTEROLS - are healthy cholesterols which eliminates the bad ones that prevents hypertension, prevents cancer, less headaches, healthy skin and improved detoxification.
* FATS - sunflower seeds are healthy source of fats which are the building blocks for cell membranes that allows your body to balance hormones and helps slow down food absorption which means, you can go longer without feeling hungry.
Though we learned those important nutrients that we should have daily, we must not rely on sunflower seeds only to prevent health problems. We have lots of food sources that are healthy. The choice is yours. Meanwhile, I'll keep posting more healthy food options to promote a healthy lifestyle. Stay tune guys!
Here are sunflower seeds ideas I shared in my previous posts: