Daily exercise idea - Standing Wrist Extensions
- Isolates wrists (duh)
- Also works forearms.
- Keeps arms locked.
- Light weight.
- 10-15 reps per set. Don't overwork.
- Dumbbells better than a bar for more stabilization demand on wrists.
- Always stretch well before exercising.
Example below (not me). Please do your own research to confirm the proper mechanics.
- 12 Steemians contributed 4,062 daily reps for 3/25/18.
- 292,588 overall by 42 Steemians from 11 countries in 108 workout days.
- I can only upvote so much without exhausting my voting power daily, so please help me reward their effort.
At least 100 honest reps of exercise every day. No excuses. No bullsh*t. Just actions, positivity, and results. Only post AFTER your reps are done. Always support each other.
- You choose what types of exercise reps to do.
- 30 minutes of fitness walking, running, spinning, biking, cross-country skiing, etc., can count as 100 reps if you need to rest or can't use weights.
- I'll award 1 SBD for every 10,000 rep milestone you hit. (15 SBD paid)
- I run the numbers daily which is sometimes harder than my reps.
- Weights not required.
- Do real reps with good form, aiming for 100+.
- Start your reply with "Challenge Completed".
- Reply with a list of the exercises and reps you did.
- Cumulative tallies are appreciated as a separate line.
- Only submit reps you've done, not ones you're planning to do.
- Use the tag "fitnesschallenge" on associated posts.
- Upvoting or resteeming is appreciated to reach more.
- Try to upvote as many contributors as possible to motive each other.
- Stretch before and after exercise.
- Breathe properly on each rep.
- Quality over quantity.
- Eat a healthy snack after and stay hydrated.
- Start with exercises you enjoy to build up for harder ones.
- Take before pictures to appreciate results over time.
- Feel good about your accomplishments.
My Daily Challenge Completed - 250 reps:
-50 Russian Twists (holding 10 pounds)
-50 Calf Bar Raises (75 pounds)
-25 Jump Squats Into Stabilization
-45 mins+ Walking (100 reps)
My Daily Assessment:
Feel free to start highlighting some interesting alternative exercises for me to look into or even be challenged to do, noting that I'm just working out at home now with few resources right now.
One thing I really need to work on is flexibility in my right shoulder. Ever since I hurt it many years ago with a partial tear of my labrum (best guess), I've lost a lot of range of motion when trying to stretch it behind my back. In hopes that it's not permanent, and especially that I've been exercising so often, I want to put a focus on daily mobility maneuvers and flexibility stretching there. My left shoulder is very flexible, so I'm pretty sure it's related to my prior injury.
Last Daily Rep Count:
1,302 - @faizan07 (reps+ tons of running for cricket)
600 - @bitfiend
305 - @mgood
300 - @ubair1
270 - @myleskshupe
270 - @kbarrett
210 - @mudasirfarooq
205 - @khufu
200 - @rmsbodybuilding
175 - @gruber.muc
125 - @steemmatt
100 - @thevillan
Shout out to @wa2qr for a 718 reps from a double workout that wasn't able to be posted in time for the previous post.
New feedback from @musclegirlfusion:
"Since I started posting in this challenge, you've given me a reason to blog on steemit. No matter how discouraged I get when it seems like no one is reading what I write, I know I can write it and post it here and it adds to the challenge. So thank you for giving me the motivation I need to stick with blogging!!"
New feedback from @bitfiend:
"After starting 6 days ago I already feel stronger. This is definitely the most consistent exercise I've done in an extremely long time but I am happy to be taking part! While I walk around mostly in pain, I know it's all for a good cause! My health! I am feeling better and I'd say my sickness is mostly gone now. I think that if I had not been exercising, I may have been sick for a bit longer. Persistence pays off!"
Feedback from @mightpossibly:
"I find it deeply satisfying to do these reps, which is a big deal. I've always hated the gym and prefer to exercise at home. But I've lacked the discipline to do it. It sort of feels like I have gym buddies now, without the hassle of going to the gym."
Feedback from @notorious562:
"I seriously cannot explain how much this group pushes and motivate me to keep working harder. I love this fitness community and the support and encouragement will help us achieve our goals."
Feedback from @khufu:
"Your challenge has helped immensely to keep me motivated lately. I've had a lot of... problems going on so your challenge has been a quantum of sanity in an insane world for me."
Please support our hard work and dedication and ask any questions in the comments below.
Please also resteem this new format/replace in your post links if you don't mind to try to get a fresh start on spreading the word on our challenge.