Cook with Us #27 Theme: Soup
Soup is so many things. It is warmth when you are cold. It is medicine when you are sick. Soup can be refreshing and cooling when you are hot. It is comforting and restorative. Soup can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. Soup can be pureed, chunky, creamy, thin, spicy or bland. Above everything, soup is nourishing and familiar to all people.
This week the Cook with Us team would like to experience your favorite homemade soup from your unique point of view. Tell us the story behind this soup and what this meal means to you when you have it. When and why do you prepare this soup? For whom do you prepare this soup? Or maybe someone prepares this soup for you? Have fun this week and share with the CwU community a little bit of your culinary story.
The Cook with Us Season 3 Calendar
Check out the calendar and plan ahead. We will be updating it with additional themes in the near future.
The Cook with Us Contest
The Cook with Us team is very excited to welcome you and look forward to getting to know you as we cook or create dishes together. It is our intention to build a community of people that enjoy cooking and sharing with each other.
We are introducing a third group soon: Super Cook. Watch the Winners Post in a couple of days to see the details including the prize structure.
The first group is the General Pool and the second is the Winners' Circle (third group details to follow). The General Pool and Winners' Circle will have three winners ranking from 1st place to 3rd place. Every contestant starts in the General Pool. The 1st place winner in the General Pool advances to the Winners' Circle in the next round.
We are pleased to announce the following prizes for each of the two groups:
- First place - 5 STEEM
- Second place - 3 STEEM
- Third place - 1 STEEM
The following, if participating in Cook with Us #27, will be competing in the Winners' Circle.
- the winner of CwU #26
Cook with Us Official Contest Rules
Please take some time to review the contest rules below. We understand that a lot of work is put into every post and we do not want to disqualify anyone for not following the rules. If you are unsure about any of them, just ask us for some clarification. We will be happy to help you.
Contest Entry Rules
The title of your post should look like this: Cook with Us #27 – Name of Dish. For example, Cook with Us #27 - Creamy Corn Soup.
- The first tag on your entry must be: cookwithus.
- Upvote and resteem this @cookwithus post that you are submitting an entry for.
- The first time you enter this competition, submit a proof photo. This can be in the form of a handwritten note with your Steemit name, the name of the dish, and the date with your entry - or it can be a photograph of yourself with your dish. Thereafter, you will not need a proof photograph going forward as we will know who you are. Please do not use Photoshop for the proof photo.
- Include a description of the dish. Some examples are the taste of the dish, its origin, or the story behind it.
- Describe why your dish works. Give a brief description about why you put these ingredients together.
- Post a link to your entry in the comments section of the weekly challenge. This is the post that announces the start of the week's contest.
- You can only enter one dish per entry (a dish means a single version. Not one dish two or three ways). You may only enter one entry per week.
General Contest Rules
- Contest ends every Monday 12:00 UTC.
- Results will be published no later than Thursday 12:00 UTC, three days after the contest is closed.
- Entries do not have to be original. However, if not original, please provide the source.
- While the calendar may be showing future themes, entries can only be submitted for the current week's contest and only after the official post for the contest is made. Entries submitted before the official start date or after the deadline will not be considered valid entries.
- The Cook with Us contest will cover many topics and disciplines. Make sure you check for weekly contest rules that may change due to the nature of the challenge.
- By entering @cookwithus, the contestant agrees to their material being used by the organizers for any purposes and will not be compensated should the material be published. But you, the author/photographer, will be given written credit.
Cook with Us is on Discord
To join, please follow the steps below.
- Create a Discord account if first time on Discord. It's best to use your Steemit username.
- Download the Discord app which can be found here.
- Click on this link to join the Cook with Us channel.
Thank you @sneaky-ninja for your ongoing generous support.
Thanks for the delegation from @goldendawne who runs a weekly curation program and has acknowledged several of our contestants already. This is a very much appreciated delegation.
@zord189 gave an interesting sponsorship called Steem Basic Income, to @cookwithus winner @birdsinparadise. @birdsinparadise has a lifetime vote from Steem Basic Income to encourage her to keep posting. This generous sponsorship was in addition to SBD sent from time to time. Thank you @zord189!
Please show your support for @aggroed by voting for him as a witness.
Thanks to @docsmith for the generous donation of a beautiful custom-made knife specifically crafted for Cook with Us.
We are delighted with the caricatures made for us by @bazbiscuit. Thank you Barry!
@jacklimberis made our banner and gif for us. Thank you Jack - we really appreciate all the hard and beautiful work!
Thank you @edenmichelle for making the youtube video for us. A huge thanks as well to @leelektrik for creating our logo.
Thank you VIEWLY for the View Token prizes that we will give to our contestants who make a little video of their recipes.
Please [email protected] @randomwanderings @goldendawne,@DocSmith, @jedau, @zord189, @jznsamuel, @sneaky-ninja, @jacklimberis, @bazbiscuit, @edenmichelle, @theywillkillyou, @world5list, @world-travel-pro @leelektrik @hendrikdegrote and @heyitshaas. We hope to add to this list of supporters of our competition. If you would like to be a supporter of @cookwithus, please contact us. We would love to hear from you. @organduo please can you have a look at our competition - any support and comments will be gratefully received.