I blink my eyes and the moment is over
I guess another day has passed
—John Melloncamp, Just Another Day
For a few years, I was really into capturing the perfect sunset. Either because of pollution† or something else, Japan seems to get much better, more beautiful sunsets than my hometown in Indiana. I was really drawn to them and would run all over the city every evening looking for the perfect sunset shot.
Here is one of the shots from those years. You can see I actually missed the best part of the sunset, but still, I like how the clouds are in this shot.
†: Many people (Japanese people included) have suggested this to me, so I suppose there must be something to it.
Copyright © David LaSpina 2018, but almost free to use due to the generous Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license. Spiffy! More details here.
|Don't miss the other great photos in the Beautiful Japan photo series!|
- 71 — Shrine of the War God
- 72 — Shooting the Cherry Blossoms
- 73 — Stand Out Sakura
- 74 — Just Dropping In
- 75 — Red, White, and Pink
- 76 — The Star of Spring
- 77 — Jupiter Jazz
- 78 — Gateway Into Another World
- 79 — Iga and Lotus Blossoms
- 80 — Path to Nirvana
- 81 — Relaxing by the Castle Wall
- Collection 1 :: Beautiful Japan 1–10
- Collection 2 :: Beautiful Japan 11–20
- Collection 3 :: Beautiful Japan 21–30
- Collection 4 :: Beautiful Japan 31–40
- Collection 5 :: Beautiful Japan 41–50
- Collection 6 :: Beautiful Japan 51–60
- Collection 7 :: Beautiful Japan 61–70
|David LaSpina is an American photographer lost in Japan, trying to capture the beauty of this country one photo at a time. More?|
If this blog post has entertained or helped you, please follow/upvote/resteem. Also, consider buying me a beer.