Antarctica has this mythical weight.
It resides in the collective unconscious of so many people,
and it makes this huge impact,
just like outer space.
It's like going to the moon.
Edit: For reasons that escape me, I forgot to mention the previous winner -
and the amazing winning submission
I urge you to have a read through, fantastic through and through, it may even help inspire some writers for the current contest.
Wild Conspiracy Theory Creative Writing Contest
Recent High-Profile Visitors
Secretary of State John Kerry
Russian Orthodox Religious Leader – Kirill
2nd Man on the Moon – Buzz Aldrin
Rumors that former NSA director James Clapper and President Obama have also made clandestine visits.
- Must resteem this post
- Must keep submission to 1000 words or less.
- Limited to 1 contest entry per account
- Submissions must be made in a separate post (not in comments please)
- Submissions have to include the lead tag: “antarctica”
Prizes and Categories
- Overall Best (First Prize - 50SBD)
- Most Humorous / Funny AF (10 SBD)
- Most Realistic (10 SBD)
- Best Style / Tone (10SBD)
- Best Line (10 SBD)