Dear Friends, Hello from Greece!
This post is to let you know that after a thorough proofreading & useful tips/corrections by @dimitrisp, one of our LMs part 5 of swarmops is now completed.
Please find below the information of the project.
Swarmops is a necessary tool to enable any bitcoin-native or decentralized game changer.
Swarmops is an admin system for swarm-type organizations. It's a bureaucracy system for people who thoroughly dislike bureaucracy, so it removes all visibility of it and focuses on the ops aspects. It manages decentralized authority, volunteers, members, activists, budgets, mass communications, expenses, payroll, invoices, and complete financials/bookkeeping.
The goals of Swarmops are three:
Become the #1 software for organizing swarm activism to effectively change policy,
Become the #1 software to manage native-bitcoin startups' cashflow and accounting,
Become the #1 software to run civil liberties resistances in repressive regimes.
- The total words of the project are 11547. For my first contribution I have translated in total 1023 words. I will reduce approximately 10% (duplicate words) which results to an estimated 920 words
- The second contribution was in total 1219 words, eliminating approximately 10%, leaves a clear total of 1097 words translated in Greek.
- The third contribution was 892 words, but after reducing an approximate 8% > 820 words were translated in Greek.
- The fourth contribution is 816 words, reducing 8% > 750 words translated in Greek.
- Here we come to the 5th contribution of a total 1154 words > reducing 10% 1035 words translated
The source of the project was in English and I translated it in Greek (my native language)
- Word Count
|Total Words||Part||Translated Words||Minus Duplicates||Percentage Completion|
Approaching half of the project, I think this is the time to move a bit faster for completing it, thus making it available to Greeks who would like to use it.
Proof of Authorship
You can find my profile at this link > https://crowdin.com/profile/katerinaramm
Github Profile link > https://github.com/katerinaramm
As per the new guidelines, proof of work screen shots are not necessary but I would like to take this opportunity and inform you of two important things:
Why This Project
Copying from my part 1
- To be honest, I have been looking at this project for a while but did not dare to start it until,
- Our New Language Manager @dimitrisp proposed this project for me - and-
- Since I was sure that he would be the one to proofread, why disagree right from the start with him? :) hehe (Dimitris, you know I am kidding, right?)
Why I continue this project?
I believe it is important to have the same person(s) to a translation project so that the same style is maintained throughout. Especially when it comes to the 'written form' of a language, there are many more things to pay attention to, other than the punctuation, spelling and grammar. It all comes down to the way you chose to present a sentence and it needs to be done in the best possible way.
This time I selected to translate a whole file (Global.resx) which had a few complicated and technical terminologies. Dimitris was once more there to save the day, with his technical knowledge that makes everything simple and let's you wonder
"But how, how on earth did I not think about this way of putting it?"
Experience with a new LM
Every time I learn something more, and I have a few suggestions to anyone who might be reading this post :)
- Please, please, please .. if you are not sure about a translation, take it to your 'national' room in davinci server!
- Take sometime to read the Machine Translations! I looooved the Twitter = Κελάδημα
- Always read at least twice your translated text. This will save the LM some time and you some shame ... (Thanks Dimitris for your patience)
Having said the above, @dimitrisp Thank You for bearing with me once more!
Thank You for this opportunity
I am happy to be a part of the Greek Team - Ευχαριστώ - Thank You!
A special Note here
Dear @utopian-io, we highly appreciate everything you are offering to the open-source society and we are honored to be a part of it. Thank You!
I am always excited to bring Open Source projects steps closer to Greece!
Image Source - CC0 originally - edited by me using projects logos here
And here is a little extra!! For you who might not have seen how crowdin looks like on mobile :)