About a month ago, I sat down with one of our long standing members and high ranking officers. Her name is @sol25. She is the unspoken head of our Latino community and I value her insight. One of the things she expressed as a purge was taking place, is that some members don't get the same attention as others. Maybe it's because we don't visit them as often and there is a language barrier sometimes. So, after some brainstorming, we came up with the idea of 'Family Time'.
Ok, Explain That To Us
The reason Eyes On has discontinued publication is that there are several that don't use the tag and never got into the posts. It's not mandatory for anyone to use #thealliance tag that is a member, but it's how I did the curation for those issues. What 'Family Time' is resembles the old 'Admiration and Appreciation' posts. We will select 10 people that are not as prolific in chats or that comment as much or even post as much as some of our more prominent members. It is expected that all of you visit these profiles throughout the week, show them that we are a family, and 'nobody gets left behind'.
It Is Expected
Yes, that was in bold and italicized. Every person that is in #thealliance now made it through the last purge and is effectively supporting the family in one way or another. Whether they are on our voting trail or have delegated to @thealliance or donated funds or a combination of or all of the above - you all deserve and have earned the right to be here. I don't feel it's asking too much to visit a few profiles a day and show them a little extra love. That being said, here is our first ten allies that need some extra lovins:
- @abmakko - He is all about the tech and quite the digital/graphic artist. A total of 16 comments on his last 4 posts, 6 of which were his own replies and only one that was from fam.
- @arrliinn - She is real down to earth poster. A total of 29 comments on her last 4 posts, 10 of which are replies and only 1 of those was fam.
- @adityajainxds - They are all about helping others and run a contest regularily to help out minnows. Of the 49 comments in the last 4 posts, only 1 was from the fam.
- @afifa - Her posts are actually very educational and she writes real well. Of her last 4 posts, she's gotten 8 comments, none of them were from us.
- @aldentan - Quite the dancer and showman, he is also very vocal in his posts. Only 7 comments on the last 4 posts, and none of them were from us.
- @alvinauh - Very intelligent blogger and a teacher offline. Of the 23 comments on his last 4 posts, only 2 of them were from us.
- @andyluy - Normally a prolific poster in multiple languages, he has been absent the past week. BUT, of his last 4 posts there were 20 comments, and none of them were from us.
- @angelveselinov - An interesting poet and one of the founders of @poetsunited. Of the last 35 comments on his most recent 4 posts, only 2 of them were from fam, and it was the same person on the same post in reply.
- @anjkara - She gets tons of comments since she does the 6 Word Story contests, but surprisingly only 1 of those comments on her last 4 posts were from an ally. Unless you count @fiberartists, which is @artemisnorth's fiber curation account. Then it's 2 different fam.
- @astrea - Though on hiatus presently, she does some amazing work. Of her last four posts, there were 13 comments and only 1 was from us.
One Big Happy
You've heard this before and I can't stress it enough, "...do remember that it is the engagement that makes us great and thrive as a community. Want to know who your family members are? This profile follows **ONLY** our members and their support accounts." That has been touted for quite some time and will always remain true. Have a good weekend fam, and see you at the pow-wow?
Interested in joining us? Please refer to this post.