In our last Discord post we were introduced to WhaleBoT. We learnt how she moderates chats and how she can be summoned to give feedback on member’s voting power etc. Today I am going to show you guys some more interesting features of WhaleBoT.
HOW TO USE WHALEBOT #2
HOW TO USE WHALEBOT #2
For those Team South Africa members that have not joined us on Discord yet, please click this link to sign up and get involved in the discussions:
This is quite a straightforward one actually. Want to know what the current price of Steem is? Simply type the following command:
As you can see, this has actually returned the current price of Steem, SBD and BTS. Pretty neat hey 😎
Now this is a feature I really like! Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be used quite often enough 🙁 Hopefully we can play around with this on our server a bit and see if we can make it useful 😉
Basically, this feature allows you to tag yourself with topics you are interested in, and then allows you to search for other people with common interests (and vice-versa).
Tagging (aka Looking For Niche)
Adding tagsSo, let’s say you're interested in photography - you can add the tag photography by simply typing:
whalebot tag photography
As you can see, this has now added the tag photography to my name and has also searched other users who are tagged with photography. Don’t worry about all those numbers. That just means that those users are on a different server and I have not connected to any of the servers they are on (during this session of Discord). Here is the result after I have connected to those servers:
That’s better!! See all those names? Those are other users who are also interested in photography. Your results may differ depending on which servers you belong to. If you are ONLY on the Team South Africa server, then only Team South Africa members will have names assigned instead of numbers. You can now click on their names and contact them directly (if you so wish). Now, simply repeat this command to add all the topics you are interested in. Each time you type this command (even if you have already typed the same command before) it will add the tag (if not already added) and do a search for other users with the tag.
Viewing other users’ tagsSo, you might be stalking a specific user (hehe) and want to know exactly what their interests are. Assuming they have set up their tags, use the following command (replace jaymorebeet with the username you would like to check):
whalebot alltags jaymorebeet
So, jaymorebeet is interested in diy, photography, nature, gardening, chickens, parenting and food. Cool 😉
Removing tagsLet’s say you are no longer interested in photography, you can always remove that tag from your name by simply typing the following:
whalebot untag photography
And, tag gone! Nice! So take the time now, head over to the Team South Africa Discord server and set up your tags/interests 👍🏻
These commands really are there just for fun 😉
Let’s say you are all alone on the Team South Africa server with no one to talk to because everyone is at work (or asleep), you can always ask WhaleBoT to give you a hug:
Just for fun
And for those who like cats, give this one a try:
whalebot give me a kitty pic
That is an animated gif, so if you move your pointer over the pic then you'll see the animation - whahaha 😆
And that wraps up our tutorial on how to use WhaleBoT. Stay tuned for more posts on how to use the other bots on our Discord server.If you missed any of my previous Discord bot posts, please check them out here: TEAM SOUTH AFRICA - Discord - How to use WhaleBoT #1
Rules for joining/members of Team South Africa
- Follow @teamsouthafrica. The @teamsouthafrica account will follow all official members back - this is the ONLY official list of members. View the current list here.
- Follow and upvote any existing members of Team South Africa that you share a common interest with (no need to follow all members).
- Regularly check the #teamsouthafrica recent tags and upvote the content you like.
- Comment here or DM me on Steemit.Chat or Discord informing me you would like to join.
- Once you’re a member, remember to use the tag #teamsouthafrica as one of the tags on your posts.
- The official Team South Africa banners and logos are only allowed to be used by official members or with consent from myself. When using a banner, it has to be linked to here and credit has to be given to the author. Contact me if you still need/want your own banner.
- These rules can change at any time. Please always make sure you are checking the latest post for the latest rules.
Team South Africa banner designed by @bearone