Join SteemPact! Empowering Change Together
Hey fellow Steemers,
want to do something meaningful? Then read closely!
We are launching SteemPact!
What is SteemPact?
Each week you are given the opportunity to propose a charity that you think changes the world to the better. In addition to that you can vote on other charities. The charity with the most upvotes (in number, not value) will finally be donated the liquid reward of our weekly post. So your upvote will literally do something good.
What does this mean for steemit?
Each donation will be in the name of the steemit community, so we show the world that we can do something good! Furthermore we will encourage charities to join steemit and get donations in steem. For you this means you will get updates on their progress and can support the ones you like most directly.
How to nominate a charity?
In order to nominate a charity please make a comment on our newest weekly post (we will publish it every monday) telling us more about it.
- Please make sure that there is a way to contact the charity in order to bring them to steemit.
- Also include a link to the charity or a page with more information about it.
- A charity is anything that you think changes the world to the better.
- A charity does not necessarily need to be international, your local charity is fine too.
- In order to prevent fraud we reserve the right to disqualify charities that we believe are not credible. In this case the donation goes to the next charity (second most votes).
- Donations will only be payed out in steem.
- Charities need to have a dedicated steemit account to ensure transparency.
- We will release proof of every donation on the blockchain.
- Nominating your own charity is allowed but should be disclaimed.
- The liquid part of the rewards (50 %) of our weekly posts will completely be donated to the winning charity.
- The vesting part of the rewards (the other 50 %) of our weekly posts will strenghten the @steempact account and thereby allowing us to support future charities by voting them up with more power.
- The rewards of the comments will go to the persons nominating the respective charities. They are free to donate it.
I want to support this! How?
- Upvote this post. Now you already have donated.
- Look in the comments for charities you like and upvote them.
- Nominate a charity you think is good.
- Join our steemtrail (see below).
I want to support all posts you ever make! How?
We offer a steemtrail that you can follow. All upvotes from @steempact are for a good cause, so supporting the trail makes you automatically support good causes. We are also partnering with SteemVoter to make a @steempact guild available in the future. In the meantime you can use SteemVoter to autoupvote our project.
I want to throw money at you! How?
Please consider throwing money at one of the charities instead:
- Send STEEM or SBD to @steempact.
- In the memo write one of these:
- The link to one of our posts. We will add it to the donated amount.
- The link to a comment for a charity. We will donate it to that charity, but we will add it to the post if there are problems (see rules above).
- Write anything else and we will try to find a suitable charity to donate it to.
Who is behind this?