Hello, Fellow Steemians! This is an open invitation to join us in SteemDeepThink, a community collective promoting quality discourse within the humanities. Do you have something to bring to the community in philosophy, literature, education, religion, history, or any of the other humanities? Then come join us!
We are looking for thoughtful writers who like to engage with the deeper questions of life - the things that draw out meaning and truth; the things that teach us what it means to be human. We like to ask the Big Questions, knowing that the wrestling with the question itself is as meaningful as discovering an answer.
While we each come from different cultures, geographic regions, and philosophical perspectives, what unites us all is an ongoing pursuit of Truth.
Come introduce yourself on Discord
Until Steemit provides a better solution for communities built into the site itself, the majority of our non-post-related conversations are being held on Discord.
Come join us! -- https://discord.gg/7qyarFD.
On Discord we get the opportunity to dialogue in real time: promoting ideas, challenging thinking, encouraging one another in our search for meaning. We also have a subchannel for post promotion making it easier for others to see and engage with our work.
And even more than a place to chat with others about your posts, you will also find a place to talk about the future of DeepThink. We see this as a community-fueled endeavor, and are looking for the voices of many. We have great plans for challenges, contests, debates, and more. But we also need input from YOU!
If only Socrates could upvote!
We are in the process of creating our own curation trail on Streemian. Rather than curating on a per-post basis (like @curie or @steemtrail), we curate based on designated authors who post using the "deepthink" tag. Once you are officially designated as a member, you will be added to the curation trail. Everything you post using the "deepthink" tag will automatically get upvoted by the curation trail. So it better be good!
As mentioned before, it is expected that you join the DeepThink curation trail on Streemian as well. If you would like to benefit from the community, make sure you are contributing as well!
Membership & Expectations
Anyone can come to our Discord server to promote posts, discuss ideas, and reflect on the meaning of life. But to be an official member of the Steem DeepThink community, and receive benefit from the automated curation trail, we ask just a few things:
- You must be an active user, at least two weeks as a Steemit member. Also, as a part of the application process you will need to submit at least two previous posts that are aligned with the DeepThink endeavor.
- When posting articles on Steemit that are in alignment with our community concept (posts about the humanities), use the tag "deepthink" as any one of your tags. Our curation trail supports current members posting using this tag. To be clear, "deepthink" can be any one of your tags (it need not be the first); feel free to also use whatever other tags are helpful to identify your post.
- All posts with "deepthink" attached should be connected in some way to the humanities. (For specifics, see the list of subject areas on Wikipedia.) The only exception to this list is the visual and performing arts. While we are big fans of the arts, the purposes of this group are more literary. Discussion and philosophical analysis of the arts, though, is fair game!
- We ask that official members join the curation trail on Streemian, contributing their Steem Power to support the community and help it grow.
- Work hard to keep the quality of your writing excellent. Use proper grammar and spelling. Try not to ramble. Have clear ideas and support your ideas with examples.
- Be supportive and encouraging to others - comment on posts and engage with their ideas! You do not need to agree with everyone, but please be respectful. And be receptive; be willing to change your mind! The purpose of this group is to promote thought and discussion.
- Be on the lookout for others who may want to join and direct them to our Discord server. The invitation is open!
When you are ready to apply for membership, our Discord channel has a pinned application in the General channel. We will be asking you about the subject areas you feel most comfortable writing in. You will also need to link to two of your posts to be reviewed for content and writing style. If approved as a member, you will be added to our automated curation trail.
Our community operates on a basis of trust. Please do not take advantage of the system, or you will be banned! You are at risk of being banned if you do any of the following:
- Post frequently with little content to offer (taking advantage of the curation process)
- Frequently post content that should not be categorized under the "deepthink" tag (non-humanities related content)
- Plagiarize in any form
- If you drop off the face of the earth (inactivity for more than a month)
- You are a "moocher" - you get upvoted by the DeepThink community for your content, but are not contributing through Streemian
- Write inflammatory content or make hurtful remarks to others. As mentioned above, you can write content that others may not agree with, but we ask that you remain respectful.
- Create discontent and friction among community members
And so it begins!
If you've read this far, what are you waiting for? Come join us on Discord and get a feel for what we are all about!
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/7qyarFD
Just know, that with all the questions that will be asked, there is only one answer: 42. The real question is, "What will the questions be?"
(If this joke went over your head, read this: Deep Thought)
Founding members of SteemDeepThink:
Follow us for high-quality @SteemDeepThink content!