Steem linkback bot update: v0.2 release
- Incoming links in comments are now sorted by created datetime starting from the latest entry.
- Author names are now prominently featured.
- Performance and parsing accuracy improvements.
I'll be starting a second test run shortly.
If you are interested in personalized analytics for your Steem posts or have any suggestions for the linkback bot get in touch with me (@ontofractal) on steemit.chat.
Why build a linkback bot for Steem?
- To increase follower counts of related authors by providing additional discovery mechanism
- To increase payouts for authors of high quality collections and authors whose posts are included in these collections
- To increase of number of posts linking out by providing incentives to do so
- To increase number of views per visit and time spent interacting with Steem
- To increase steemit.com traffic from search engines
- For fun and profit
Linkback bot is under active development.
- Post language detection and bot i18n
- Explore including links from comments with while accounting for signal/noise ratio
- Author analytics
- Personal analytics
- Tag analytics
- Mention and linkbacks notifications by twitter, etc
- Possible link weighting by rewards
- Spam prevention features