After a good long break of 20 days from Steemit I am back. Though this break was not a very welcoming one.
The month of August has completely drained me out not only physically but also emotionally and mentally. While I decide to start writing from today I am still uncertain as to what the flow of this post is going to be like, so excuse me if you find things going haywire. I am trying to gather myself up and get back to normalcy. I still am in a state of shock as to the way things shaped up in such a short period of time.
I will like to share my story as I feel the problem that I went through, already a lot of people are going through and not taking it very seriously.
In the mean time I started with Physiotherapy sessions and I was looking out for an alternative therapy which would give me a permanent long term relief. I also started with Ayurvedic massage therapies. After around 20 days of therapies I was relieved of the pain and my walking got normal.
Then I traveled to India. Though I knew the pressure from the nerve was relieved but I knew the root cause still existed and I had to work towards it. I had read about Acupuncture treatment being very effective for bulging disc, so the day I arrived to Mumbai the same day I visited an Acupuncture Doctor. On seeing my reports he too mentioned that my case was bad, the bulge was very big and there was 20% chance that the treatment may not work. So I told him that I will like to go with the 80% probability which was high and rest I can manage it with my will power.
After this night I lost my mobility completely and not only that to this time I had no issues in sitting, but after this night I was not able to sit. There was extreme pain shooting down the leg on walking and sitting. It all boiled down to me on complete bed rest. The 2 weeks treatment extended to almost 3 weeks and there was no relief in the pain, some nights the pain would be little less and some were completely restless. They would not give me pain killers as that would not work for the Acupuncture treatment. Day and night I was all the time in tears complaining about the pain and complaining to God why do I need to go through all of this. But I still had hope that I would get out of it, so I was taking it all. Finally the pain got little stable and less and my walking and sitting time got to 5 mins, so the doctor said I should now go home and be on bed rest for another 2 to 3 weeks and it will gradually settle down and I would be alright.
He mentioned that it was going to be a very minor surgery of Discectomy and the only thing they would do was to remove the bulge which would release the pressure from my nerve and they would not be doing anything to the spine. This was a much relief for me to hear against the surgery procedure mentioned by other doctors. May be if I would have got this option earlier I would have not gone through so much of ordeal. The way the surgery was described to me by the other doctors had scared me and I had competently shut down on that option.
Finally the surgery was done the same day and I was relieved of the pain. The recovery process started and it was happening very fast, just the same way as it went down.
This whole experience has taken away a lot of my energy and has left me complexly drained out. It's going to take some time for me to get back to my daily routine. It has been very shocking for me to go through this and everything coming up so suddenly. In my Yoga I have known many people who have suffered from Sciatica for long years but never got to this stage. Also people who have went down to surgery it has been a gradual process over a long period of time. And for me it all started and ended in a period of just 2 months which seems unbelievable to many including my own self. If I close my eyes now also I get all the scenes of the last 20 days flashing to me and making me just think and think why did I have to go through all of this.
My family the biggest support for me in this most challenging phase, while I was going through the pain I could feel the pain that they were also going through seeing me in such a state. My friends who were day and night sending out prayers for me and my Healing circle who were wholeheartedly doing my healing. Without all of them I don't know how I would have come out of this. No amount of Gratitude expressed is enough to them. My friends on Steemit, who were so concerned about me and wishing for my recovery, I can't thank you all enough for showing your so much love and support.
I am much better now. My mobility is back. I am able to walk and sit for longer duration. Today after 28 days finally I stepped out of the house on my own and I was so emotional feeling so grateful for this recovery. I still do have very mild spasms in my leg but then the doctor mentioned that's normal and it would take some time for me to be in perfect health. The next 3 months I need to be very careful with my back, ensuring no heavy lifting or wrong body postures.
While a lot of people have been asking me, will I continue with Yoga; and the answer is Yes for sure. Yoga has kept me going strong all through out and to an extent I got all the strength to endure so much only because of my yoga practices. Though for the next 2 months I will take it very easy and also go in for Hydro therapy to strengthen my spine.
Thank you for visiting my blog