Are you tired of using the Google custom search on Steemit, which rarely gives you the results that you expect to find? I am glad to share with you today an alternative that I have just found and that you may like.
Search Steem with AskSteem!
When you want to search for something on Steemit, it is very difficult to really find what you are looking for and results look like this.
You first have the ads and then your results. I personally have been frustrated each time I tried to use it.
If you go to AskSteem, it is different.
You can type your search and the results will show like this.
Insn't that beautiful? No ads!
You can see that it is built for Steem as it shows the number of upvotes, comments, age of the post, author and even the tag.
You can click on the author link and it will show you all their posts.
You can click on the tag link and it will show you all entries for that tag.
You can also search by username.
The only issue with the result is that the number for followers and following is not up-to-date and that is because not all of them have been indexed yet.
When you click on the followers link, you get this.
Are you starting to like it?
There is more...
You can also use a lot of query syntax like in Google, but for Steem.
AskSteem Search Syntax Review
Try these queries.
- Exact search: "curation rewards"
- Tag search: tags:jerrybanfield
- Author search: author:gmichelbkk
- Creation date search: created:2018-01-15
- Range date search: created:[2018-01-15 TO 2018-01-31]
- Search by the number of votes: net_votes:100
- Search by the number of comments: children:75
AskSteem User Search
- Search followers: followers:gmichelbkk
- Search users with more than 1000 followers: followers_count:>1000
- Search users with more than 50 reputation: rep:>50
- Search users with more than 100 posts: post_count:>100
- Search users with more than 1500 Steem Power: sp:>1500
I hope that you like this post and I encourage you to start using SteemAsk right now!
Would you upvote this post and follow me for more because this will encourage me to write more posts like this one?
Would you please help @jerrybanfield become a top 20 witness because you can help funding projects to build Steem as explained here? Vote for jerrybanfield as a witness or set jerrybanfield as a proxy to handle all witness votes at https://steemit.com/~witnesses. Read the 5 reasons why I'm voting for Jerry Banfield as a witness and how to vote in my post.