UjuziKilimo - IoT device and platform to capture soil and farm conditions
IoT device and platform to capture soil and farm conditions
UjuziKilimo is Swahili for Smart Farming, and a local Kenyan Start-up (UjuziKilimo) has taken up the challenge to address climate change through the use of IoT devices to provide farmers with predictive information on soil and weather conditions to help them plan better and increase yield.
- Through the use of sensors ,farmers are able to get soil and farm data in realtime thus enabling the practise of sustainable agriculture.
- Allows even the least of us to play apart in climate change adaptation and mitigation through climate smart farming.
- Using mobile technology farmers are able to share information and knowledge among themselves.
- Incorporates machine learning and data analytics for the benefit of farmers and service providers through generation of insights.
- A large proportion of rural farmers are yet to catch the flow on climate smart farming, making adoption of IoT devices in agriculture slow.
This is posted on Steemhunt - A place where you can dig products and earn STEEM.
View on Steemhunt.com