As users get more experience with steem, collectively we are gaining experience and trust in this blockchain. The good news is that in 2018, the price of steem could increase quite a bit.
The signs of the price of steem increasing to new highs in 2018 are everywhere. @ned knows already too I bet..
Can't see it?
Ok, let's look together..
Youtube like system called DTube comes to steem August 2017
Now watch the first sentence of that DTube announcement:
"I am really excited to finally bring this project to the public"
It clearly reminds us that it takes time to build awesome apps like this, and it was done while most people didn't even know it was being made.
While you read this, other things are being built for the steem blockchain RIGHT NOW and you won't know about them until the next few coming months either. Keep in mind there is only 4 months left of 2017.
You can fully expect that in 2018 we'll have all kinds of neat steem-related apps and features to explode this blockchain even more. What happens as a result of that? more demand for steem. higher prices for steem
But there's more...
International Business Times reaches over 55 million people every month in seven global editions and four different languages. International Business Times is owned by Newsweek Media Group
"Stephens said Steemit co-founder Dan Larimer took action to create solutions on his tech-centric social media platform after women reported the abuse. Offensive content was flagged and abusive users muted then shunned. “People with high reputation in [the] community can change things,” she said. “I see the entire issue as a problem of economic power. When women don't have economic freedom, they don't have a voice."
Well congratulations to all of us for these reasons:
- Steemit user @stellabelle was quoted on International Business Times
- Co-founder of Steem, Dan Larimer was also mentioned in the article
- News stories like this have the potential of reaching 55 million people in a single month
Steemit users and steem is being mentioned on mainstream media
This is just getting started!
What do you think will happen as 2018 approaches? We're a noisy bunch. This whole platform is about creating content, writing content, and publishing content.
Want to know some other "content rich" places?
Ever hear of those? What do you think is going to happen as more people hear about steem and steemit?
QUESTION: Ok, what if people don't hear about it often enough on mainstream media?
ANSWER: They are still going to hear about it by word of mouth. How do you think this place got this busy already?
What is the benefit of having an experienced and maturing community?
- They believe in the system and hold instead of selling everything
- When price dips, experience shows users it is time to buy
- Our bottom lows are going to keep incrementing higher each time
- Experienced users put forth greater effort in participating and engaging
- Mature users will spread word-of-mouth advertising
- These same users can help onboard new users, and the cycle repeats.
- They attract followers, and media of all types has no problem quoting them as important figures
- Experienced users help curate content which is scalable and works for minimum cost.
- They keep the place alive and attract developers who want their attention
- The investment opportunity increases. So does the price, and the long term value for everyone
I'm on day 5/30 of my positivity challenge.
So I ask you:
STEEM PRICE TO GO UP IN 2018? Sure... of course it can and I personally think it will!
SO HANG ON TO YOUR STEEM. Only sell what you absolutely need.