India Steem Meetup #2—An Incredible Meetup In Bangalore—IT Capital of India!
Wow! What an amazing Sunday noon spent with some very cool Steemians from Bangalore! Met some very enthusiastic bunch of Steemit users as well as a few new faces who will now be signing up onto the platform.
We had working professionals, TEDx speaker, college students, motorcycle adventurers, business owners, aerospace engineer, YouTubers and social media influencers in the group. A group of about 33 people were expected and we had a great turnout.
Some of them were introduced to the platform by me. I was happy to see them finding their space on our platform after the last meetup in Bangalore 6 months ago. Some have managed to establish themselves as a known user and are doing quite well.
Many of the users at the event are regulars on Steemit, Steepshot, Utopian.io, and Dtube. Their knowledge of the blockchain varied from beginner to advanced. It was great to onboard some devs from Bangalore who are working to onboard some of their colleagues and friends.
The location, 'Three Dots and a Dash' was just perfect for the meetup and was appreciated by all of the participants. The place had great food and drinks along with a friendly ambience that put everyone at ease and allowed us to talk and network with one another.
I wanted to get more pictures of everyone but I was so busy with discussions about the platform and technology that it was only at the end I managed to find some time for a few pictures. I also had my YouTuber friend and host of a few Viral Video channels @shenoy do some interviews at the event. We are producing a series of fun videos around these meetups and I hope to share the first one with you soon!
Some of the things we discussed in the meetup are:
- Basics of Steemit, Steem blockchain and various apps on top of it.
- Why prices fluctuate and how BTC relates to the change in price.
- What blockchain technology means and why we are early adoptors to this technology.
- How Steemit is helping shape social media slowly but steadily.
- Various ways of utilizing the platform.
- How to build a following, increase engagement with posts amongs other things.
- Some issues related to the platform were also discussed.
- How to trade Steem for BTC and BTC for INR was done.
- I also informed users on managing their tax burden in this meetup.
- Benefits of hodling Steem as SP and active curation on the platform.
I want to thank all of you who made it to the meetup in Bangalore. I enjoyed explaining to the newer users and soon-to-be Steemians about the workings of the platform. I'm sure many of these guys and girls will go out to bring even more people to the platform.
@sandeshm @jayogz @vj1309 Darshan @codingdefined @bobinson @madmaxwanderer @harshavardhanm Sukesh, Priyanka, @ajsvlog @shonyishere @thedudeabides @vishire @i69withyourmumii @rahulkondi @awakeningartist Sougandh Rao, Harshadeep @bikergirl @speedracer @shenoy @thebatmanbiker Shraddha, @cptn.naresh Mohammed Zamil @acrylicnoob2 - You were great and it was wonderful to meet you all again! Apologies if I left anyone out accidentally.
The next edition is at my hometown of Mangalore and from there I will take it to other bigger cities.
There has been an overwhelming demand for a meetup in Delhi. I certainly plan on holding one in the capital city of India asap! Please be patient as I get these three events behind me and bring this to the capital city!
The first in a series of videos that I’m producing on these events will be out this week. Stay tuned to my blog for further updates!
If you like my work kindly resteem it to your friends. You may also continue reading my recent posts which might interest you:
- Presented Steem Blockchain, SMTs, Steemit & Other UIs at Blockchain Bangalore Meetup!
- 4 Tips For Steemit Account Recovery & Wallet Security!
- Let's Talk—Why Are You Not Buying and Powering Up Steem?