The Writers’ Block Poetry Contest (#twbpoetrycontest) had a hard time choosing the WINNERS from the 3rd week’s contest, BECAUSE THE ENTRIES THIS WEEK WERE OUTSTANDING. Seriously, we say this sincerely to each and every one of you that entered this week: give yourself a huge pat on the back.
The competition was fierce, but eventually we did come up with the results, which will be coming shortly. After that, we will be presenting the prompt for week 4!
First, let’s take a moment to appreciate our five judges, because without them, none of this would be possible:
Now, the winners:
Congratulations! Your poems inspired by your favorite poets were awesome, awesome, awesome. Check out the winners’ poems for some fantastic reading :)
The Writers’ Block Poetry Contest: Week 4
Respond in a poem to the following quote:
Genius is the activity which repairs the decays of things, whether wholly or partly of a material and finite kind. Nature through all her kingdoms, insures herself. Nobody cares for planting the poor fungus: so she shakes down from the gills of one agaric countless spores, any one of which, being preserved, transmits new billions of spores to-morrow or next day.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Original work only. All plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Unless designated by the prompt, the structure of the poem can be anything you like. Free verse, rhymed, and prose poetry are all 100% welcome.
- One entry per person, per week.
- Post your poem to your own blog to enter. The title of your post should be [the title of your poem - Writers Block Poetry Contest Week 4].
- Tag your entry with #twbpoetrycontest
- Post a link to your poem in the replies to this post.
- This contest runs until 23:59 UTC / GMT Feb 21st.
- The winner will receive 15 SBD. Second place will win 10 SBD and third will receive 7 SBD.
Once again, a super warm thank you to our wonderful sponsors @anomadsoul and @gmuxx for their generous support for this poetry contest, making it possible that the winners receive an SBD prize. If you feel so inclined, an easy way to show your gratitude to @gmuxx would be to vote for him as a witness! It’s such a simple and kind gesture for someone to show your support for someone who is so committed to the Steemit community.
Are you a writer or keen to learn? Do you wish to join a community of like-minded individuals who can help hone your writing skills in the fields of fiction, non-fiction, technical, poetry, or songwriting? Join us at The Writers' Block by clicking the logo below.