Well, it so happens that Peer Query is doing a 40 Steem giveaway for our initial adopters.
What is Peer Query?
Initially, we were a tag browser which allowed users to browse and create QA themed content.
We have evolved into a platform for Peer to Peer collaborations.
Come, create a project or query. Invite your peers to join in your cause. Share project progress and get rewarded by the community as well as our curation team.
We would be providing support for projects in every way we can: making it easy for them to recruit members, project financing, community building, and promotion.
The invitational package
What this is not!
This is not a money give away. Peer Query is built on Steem, and Steem tokens are the currency of the blockchain. This giveaway awards 1 Steem token to every user whose work is curated; as a medal of participation.
This is our(and my) first giveaway; if there would be any future such giveaways they will be influenced by the outcome of this one. Hopefully, we will soon get our curation service up and running in days, then we could have an established reward system to further incentivize adoption.
What the package is about
This package is to invite Steemians to bring their projects onboard Peer Query. Peer Query was built for Steemians and we are welcoming Steemians to come to try the beta launch.
How the giveaway works
- Login to Peer Query securely using Steem Connect
- Create a new project without impersonating any copyrighted work
- Create an introductory post on Peer Query, attached to your project
- Each day I will curate 10 winners, announce them in a post and send them their tokens
- The giveaway begins today and within 24 hours the winners for today will be announced
How to give work your more visibility
Our selection algorithm for featured projects are projects which have the fields of website, Steem account, and a Facebook page filled. For featured reports, the report must be linked to a project, which is done during the report creation.
Kindly remember to fill the needed fields to make your projects list on the home page as well as among the "featured" category.
What to know
Currently, there is no reward splitting or fees with Peer Query so come on; create your first project and report! Please note that Peer Query is a Ghanaian venture; my curation will respect the laws of Ghana.
Peer Query is in the very early beta. Lots of functionalities, support, and usability documentation are still in the development phase to be shipped as soon as they are complete. Please don't expect much yet.
Why use Peer Query
We have already made the shift from being a tag browser into a platform. Peer Query is not the traditional project management products such as Mondays.com or Jira.
Peer Query's vision is to provide a place to list a project, invite like-minded peers to join as well as access a minimal form of compensation for the work of your contributors.
You can invite other users to join your project; you can list queries such as bounties or even job vacancies. As your project evolves, you can write reports on your progress to the community.
Peer Query provides a centralized interface to discover as well as build and organize projects along with their communities. Our upcoming curation service is to curate and reward(upvote) the most incredible project reports.
Our next goal
Launch our curation service
Curator is being completely re-written and we are now at version 4.9.0, way ahead of the last version 3. Currently, it is being tested and when ready we will commission it into use for curation on Peer Query.
Remember Curator? Curation with Curator is revolutionary, as it is a fully fledged standalone system which comprises of:
- content streaming and indexing according to the custom target set(posts by author, category or app)
- a completely open source codebase
- an automated voting bot which also leaves a custom [curator + curation service] message as comment
- absolute flexibility and modularity that allows for detailed configurations
- complete activity transparency through listing on the pages so you can see all curators, all user, all curations and their curations, ...
- native reputation system based on the curations a user gets as well as a blacklist system
- full payment model where the Curation team members, the sponsors, and the authors all get compensated!
- a configurable bot resting day where the bot does not vote, to allow for bot voting power recharge
- team usage with four roles: owner, admins, moderators, and curators with secure auth2 login
- live chat for the team(no more reliance on Discord) with three modes: public, snap and personal
- a coming API infrastructure and network, interface so you can access the work of multiple Curation communities
- a fully tested working demo(now defunct due to not enough voting/commenting resources HF20)
- lots and lots of other features
Curator 4+(in testing and almost done) is even better now with code linting and webpack babel build of scripts and assets, several Improvements as well as several critical bug fixes from the earlier versions.
We are building a team
We are building a curation team primarily consisting of curators. If you are interested in curating project reports on Peer Query when our curation service is up, please join our Discord channel and make your intentions known.
Thank you for making time to read. Now, let's see what you come up with: Peer Query.
A million thanks to the Steem community, the devs, witnesses and whales for their support so far. Special thanks to @Transisto, @BlockTrades, @Ned, @pFunk, @Ausbitbank, @Drakos, @Utopian-io, @TechSlut and countless more.
Also, special acknowledgments to @ChrisAiki for his pro-activity with Peer Query. He has graced us by listing the environmental impact 2 million trees by 2020 project on Peer Query three week ago! During the first giveaway, he will receive 5 Steem.
Previous reports on the beta
Peer Query production upgrade: collaborators, we are good to go!
Peer Query update: create queries, publish to Utopian, powerful sitemaps and more
Peer Query core open source release, what you can do with the platform and more
Peer Query core upgrade: finally a MVP for Steem powered peer-to-peer collaboration
Published on Peer Query - Blockchain-powered p2p collaboration.