Yesterday I won about 70 SP delegation for 9 days and I thought long and hard what good I could do with it. Well, actually I thought about it for two minutes (that is long for me) before I made my decision and one and a half minutes of that was about food. What can I say, I'm an impulsive person. Just a little.
I decided to write more and comment more. And I try to upvote more accounts that don't have a lot of SP, posts that don't have that much upvotes and generally try to do more to accounts and people who have less than I have here.
In addition I decided that I will delegate some of my SP to accounts that are low on resources because they are new here. I have 197 + 72 - 80 SP and approx 397,000 VESTS, so I'm not that wealthy, but I'm in no trouble if I delegate part of my SP to smaller accounts. Even if I leave the delegations for few days longer than the @googlyprize amount was, I'll be alright. I can still write blog posts and comments without the fear of draining my resource credits entirely. You know, the thing that smaller account struggle with.
So I'm paying it forward to accounts that are smaller than I am, so they could use it and grow a bit faster. But only that much that I won't immobilize myself completely. And after a week or so, I start the process of thinking of taking it back. Or maybe I start the idea of a meeting with my self where I could start the process of thinking of taking the delegation back.
I wont be delegating large amounts. Just 10 SP each. If you have someone in mind who I could delegate, please comment and I'll check the account. And yes, you can even ask the delegation to yourself, if you have less power than I have. --> https://steemd.com/@insaneworks
My criteria for the account is:
- Less power, SP, VESTS than I have. Rep 25-49.
- The account hasn't delegated any of it's SP away.
- Relatively active: has posted something (comments count) in the last 7 days.
- No plagiarism or spamming.
- Writes mostly in English (tai suomeksi)
This is not that important:
- Good intentions count more than long texts or high quality.
- Selfvotes. I think selfvoting is short-sighted, but if the account has chosen to do that, it's fine by me. @dustbunny won't upvote though.
What will I do?
- Pick few random accounts anywhere I can find.
- Delgate 10 SP.
- Comment to the chosen accounts what I've done and why, in case they don't want or need my 10 SP delegation and hopefully inform me.
- Hope they will interact with people more so that they can grow faster.
- Hope they will write at least one blog post during this 1-2 weeks so that I can upvote and comment on it. I might even upvote comments made to other peoples posts if I have enough voting power.
- Hope that someone else (you who are reading this right now) checks these accounts too, comments and upvotes those accounts posts and maybe some of their comments.
- When the day comes that I decide to undelegate, I will probably do that gradually.
What I hope the account does?
- Normal activity: keep posting, commenting and upvoting here in Steemit.
- And I'd rather like the account I've delegated some SP upvote and comment on any other accounts posts than mine at this 1 to 2 week delegation time. It's like: "Go and have fun, meet new people, don't spend it all at once and I wish I could do more!" -thing.
My upvote is small, but I got my (and your) back covered. @dustsweeper unfortunately only upvotes on dust given to me, but @dustbunny upvotes also dust I've given. Additionally I will add the accounts I've chosen on @jokinmenipieleen and @worksinsane's SteemAuto fanbase for now. 100% upvotes from those accounts aren't that big either, but I hope it's the good intentions that count also on my ideas and actions.
I'll add the accounts I choose to the comments. So if you have time, go and check those accounts and help them grow by upvoting them and commenting if you think they deserve it. Maybe even resteem their posts if they are really good!
Paying it forward!