My name is Jason and I own and operate Crowdini.
Before I get started I want to thank two users who were instrumental in making this happen.
- @BrandonK - Thank you for introducing Steemit to me and showing me the power of this community.
- @picokernel - Thank you for taking the time to help me understand how I could implement STEEM and Steemit into Crowdini so that players could get paid for voting.
Crowdini has been running for about 7 months now. Up until now all prizes have been things like Amazon, iTunes and Google Play giftcards. But as of today we are fully jumping in with Steemit. All prizes from now on will be paid via SBD.
Technically this my 2nd intro post. I posted one back in September before I understood what Steemit was about. After that post I spent the next couple of weeks immersing myself into Steemit. I mainly read posts and comments.
After a couple of weeks of trying to fully understand the mission of Steemit I had an idea. What if I could implement Steemit in such a way that the people who voted could be compensated just for voting AND we could still give prizes to the game's winners.
The best way to do this was to take the earnings of each Crowdini post and put those towards the game's prize pool. After searching for somebody who I could bounce the idea off of, I finally found @picokernel. He was extremely helpful and helped me to understand how to make this happen so it is as seamless as possible to the players.
Crowdini is something I love to run. I fully fund it myself.
Crowdini does not share the data with any third party.
I think you will find that this game is about as player friendly as possible.
There is no advertising on the site and the only tracking done is via Google Analytics just so I understand where new users are finding Crowdini.
I see this evolution as a way for Crowdini to compensate its players without affecting the user experience and also hopefully it will allow me to offset some of the cost of running it.
I'm super excited to see if this works so let me tell you a little about the game.
What is Crowdini?
Crowdini is a question and answer game. We ask you to answer one (1) opinion based question a day and give you points based on how your answer compares to the answer with the majority of the votes. The goal is to master the wisdom of the crowd.
At the end of the game the top 3 players with the most points splits 90% of the Prize Pool. The remaining 10% of the Prize Pool is split between all players who answer every question and upvote every result blog post on Steemit for that particular game.
It is designed to be something you can do in a few seconds a day but hopefully sparks conversation and thought.
The daily question opens at 10 am eastern (15:00 GMT) each day. You have 24 hours to answer the question. So today's question will close at 10 am eastern tomorrow and a new question will open immediately. Each question is multiple choice with 2-5 answers. All questions are opinion based, there are no right answers. And questions can be about anything.
Games last about 2 weeks at a time. We start a game each month on the 1st and the 16th.
We just started a new game today!
How to Play Crowdini
Crowdini is very easy to play. You can play it on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone. You vote at Crowdini.com.
To sign up you can use your Google account, Facebook account or create your own username/password credentials. After creating your account and username, you will be taken to the home page to answer today's question. It looks like this: (This is the live question for December 1, 2017, screenshot taken on my Android device)
After answering, we give you 10 seconds to change your answer.
- If you want to change your answer tap the red Choose again button and you will be taken back to the question.
- If you want to lock in your answer you can either do nothing for 10 seconds, leave the site or tap the green Lock In button.
And that's it. Although it is simple to play it is not easy to win.
What happens after the question closes
When a question closes, all the votes are tallied and each answer is given the same amount of points as the percentage of the votes the answer received. So if your answer received 60% of the votes you would receive 60 points for that question.
We send you a daily email at about 10:05 am eastern showing you how you did the previous day.
Also about 10:05 am eastern we post the results to Steemit in the form of a blog post. We can automatically upvote the post for you if you want to get paid for voting (see more below). If you have made a comment when voting, and allow it to be published, we post your comment as a comment to the blog post.
We have been testing this for a couple of weeks now. You can see those results on the Crowdini blog.
For example here is a test result for November 25th: https://steemit.com/crowdini/@crowdini/question-2017-11-25. All the votes and comments were automatically added when the post was published.
After the last question closes for the game, we tally up all the points and award a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize to the players with top 3 point totals.
Starting today you can get paid for voting. We call that the 100% Prize. More on that below.
If you want to learn more, including how you can refer other players to earn extra points. Go to the Crowdini How To page.
How the Prize Pool is determined
- After the question is closed, the results are posted to Steemit.com using the 50%/50% rewards option.
- The Prize Pool is the sum of the SBD paid to date earnings (approximately 50% of the post earnings) since the last game ended. The minimum Prize Pool for each game is 80 SBD.
- The Prize Pool is updated daily in the Daily Email and the Steemit.com results post.
How the Prize Pool is paid out
After the game ends, all points are tallied and the Prize Pool is distributed. (Paid in SBD)
- First Prize - 50% of the Prize Pool is paid to the player with the most points
- Second Prize - 25% of the Prize Pool is paid to the player with the 2nd most points
- Third Prize - 15% of the Prize Pool is paid to the player with the 3rd most points
- 100% Prize - 10% of the Prize Pool is split between all eligible players who voted in every question asked for the game. (First, Second and Third Prize winners are not eligible)
If two or more players tie for the First, Second and/or Third Prize the Prize Pool will be split in the following way...
- If two players tie for First Prize - The two players will split 75% of the Prize Pool and no Second Prize will be given.
- If three or more players tie for First Prize - The 3 or more players will split 90% of the Prize Pool and no Second or Third Prize will be given.
- If two or more players tie for Second Prize - The two or more players will split 40% of the Prize Pool and no Third Prize will be given
- If two or more players tie for Third Prize - The two or more players will split 15% of the Prize Pool.
You can get paid to vote via the 100% Prize
To be eligible for the 100% Prize you must satisfy both of the following:
- Vote in every question of the game
- Upvote every results post for that game at Steemit.com. (See below Crowdini can automatically upvote the post on Steemit for you)
We do run the final report just after each game's final question results are published to Steemit. While you may be able to get your last upvote in manually before we run the report. We highly recommend you allow us to automatically upvote for you to ensure you are eligible for the 100% Prize.
Have Crowdini automatically upvote for you
The easiest way to be eligible to get paid for voting via the 100% Prize is to have Crowdini automatically upvote for you. That way it truly is just 10 seconds a day to get paid.
We are using the Steemit API to publish the blog post, automatically upvote the post for you, and (if you choose) add your comment automatically to the post. To do this we need both your Steemit username and your Posting Private Key.
I wish there was a way to do it without the Posting Private Key but that just isn't possible at this time. As the Steemit ecosystem matures we hope to move to a solution where we don't need the Posting Private Key.
We ONLY use the key to upvote and comment on Crowdini posts. We will NEVER use it for any other purpose.
If you delete your account, all your account information is deleted immediately. We do keep your vote history but attribute it to a player we call REMOVED. There is no trace of you playing the game. If you wanted to start playing again you would need to create an account again and start from scratch.
How to find and add the Steemit Posting Private Key to your Crowdini account: (You only need to do this once)
- On the Steemit Wallet Page, select the Permissions tab
- Click the Show Private Key green button to the right of the Posting Key
- If the green box now says Hide Private Key copy the whole key
- Paste it in your Crowdini My Account page in the Steemit Posting Private Key field
- Add your Steemit username to the Steemit Username field
- Click Update (If it updated correctly you will see the first 5 digits of your Private Posting Key below the field)
I hope you will try Crowdini out
I know this is new and you most likely have never heard of Crowdini before.
I think we are doing something never done before on Steemit.
I hope you will give Crowdini a chance. Go sign up and start voting today! And if you are comfortable add your Steemit username and Posting Private Key so you can get paid to vote.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Nice to meet you all.
All the best,