I'm a visually impaired woman from Brazil. My topics of interest include computers, games, anime, singing synthesis software like VOCALOID and UTAU, and the Japanese language. I have a technologist degree in System Analysis and Development from the Centro Universitário Radial (now Estácio de Sá), and currently work as a Perl programmer. My computer's operating system is Linux, and I use the Orca screen reader to read the text on the screen aloud to me.
In my free time, I attempt to play games despite my visual limitations, play around with music (I've studied a bit of piano, and have been taking violin lessons on weekends since March 2015), and I write fan fictions about the series I like (which include the Persona series, Pokemon and Mega Man).
I made a deal with @ayza - one of my fanfics' readers and a talented artist - to request some artwork related to my fanfic, and she sent me links to the social networks where I could find her, including her Steemit profile. I didn't know about Steemit before, and as I read up on it, I learned that it uses the blockchain and has cryptocurrencies, which is a topic I've been reading about since last year. The posts (or at least the ones I came across) were of good quality, the site seemed interesting, and people seemed nice... the next thing I knew, I was signing up. After four days waiting for my account to be approved, here I am!
Lately, my online activities have been more frequent on the fan fictions side than anything else, but I have:
- A blog where I write about my topics of interest.
- Some sound effects I recorded or created, uploaded to Freesound.org.
- My fanfics on Fanfiction.net (some of them are also on Archive of Our Own).
- A Twitter that's practically just to inform people of blog and fanfic updates (though of course if someone asks something through there, I'll respond too).
- And a Youtube channel mostly for game music covers or VOCALOID and UTAU covers. Though it rarely gets updates , mostly because I have a hard time finding images to use as background for the audio :P .
Well, and now I'm also here on Steemit :D . Since I've just arrived, I don't have much to say about Steemit yet, but I can at least say that my screen reader software is getting along well with the site so far, which is a good thing. The same can't be said for E.G. Tumblr, which I tried to use once, but the interface was completely unusable with screen readers.
I've never been one to post much anywhere (not even on my personal blog), and I don't think this will change here. But I hope to find a lot of interesting content, and I'll try to upvote and comment on the content I like whenever I can.
And this is it for my introduction. Thank you for reading!