Who doesn't love this St. Louis favorite?? Gooey butter cake is so rich and creamy, it just melts in the mouth!
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1 stick Butter or Margarine, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- Spray 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, 1 egg and butter for the crust. Spread in the bottom of the pan.
- In another bowl, mix 3 eggs, vanilla and cream cheese. Once creamed together, slowly mix in the powdered sugar (set aside a bit to sprinkle on top at the end, if desired).
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Optional: Once cooled, sprinkle a dusting of powdered sugar over cake.
- This recipe can be made healthier by replacing regular cream cheese with either Neufchâtel cheese or reduced fat cream cheese.
- Suggested twists to this recipe (for those who want to experiment!):
- Add chocolate chips to crust, topping, or both.
- Add coconut flakes to cream cheese mixture.
For more delicious dessert recipes, check out my other recent posts: