Lassi is a very popular drink in summer in India. Traditionally it is made with animal yogurt in different flavours. My favourite is Mango Lassi made with vegan yogurt and fresh mango pulp. Mango lassi has distinct flavor due to the sourness of yogurt and sweet-sour taste of mango.
Ingredients required for 2 servings-
- Plant-based yogurt - 1 cup (like soy, peanut, cashew yogurt. Here I used peanut yogurt.)
- Mango 1 small (Preferably Alphanso)
- Cashew nuts 6 nos
- Cardamom 2 nos
- Sugar according to taste
- Salt a pinch
- Chilled water and ice cubes.
- In a blender add yogurt, mango dice, sugar, cardamon, salt, and ice cube/chilled water. Blend well to make a smooth and creamy mixture.
- In a glass pour this mixture(Lassi) and add some mango dice and chopped cashew nuts.
- Garnish with mango and cashew nuts. Serve chilled
This is really simple, delicious and healthy drink for summer.
Check here my other mango related posts-
Beat The Heat With Refreshing Mango Iced Tea!
May is a Mango Month, love for MANGO is in the air!!
Mango Semolina Cake : Simply Vegan Recipe
Keep watching here for more mango recipes