I love to bake a cake on the birthday of my family members, but this time it is my birthday and baked a cake on the special demand of my children. As mango season has arrived so decided to bake my favorite cake of the summer season, Mango Semolina Cake.
- Mango puree 1 and 1/2 cups
- Semolina 1 cup
- Vegetable oil 1/4 cup
- Cane sugar 3/4 cup
- Grated dry fruits 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder 3/4 tsp
- Add sugar to mango puree and mix well till it dissolves.
- Add oil, semolina, cardamom powder and dry fruits one by one to this and mix well again.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180-degree centigrade.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and add baking soda and baking powder to the cake batter. Pour immediately into the tray and bake for 10 minutes at 180-degree centigrade.
- After 10 minutes bake again at 150-degree centigrade for 10 more minutes.
- When cake is baked cool it down to room temperature. De-mold and decorate with fresh mango cubes.