The Pain and Struggle of an Empath Living in a Sick Society
I'm an Empath - I've known about my abilities for a long long time, but the struggle of having this "gift" is something to be said.
Last night I think I made a mistake by electing to go grocery shopping for my very old father who I take care of. I went to Walmart...
I usually don't go to Walmart, but it's where he likes to shop and his list had specific items from there so I braved it. As soon as I walked in I sensed everyone right away. The pain in people filled me, and I had no way of stopping it.
I know of ways to try and block things out, but it shot in me so fast that I couldn't do anything but absorb.
The pain in peoples eyes are the worst. They're struggling pretty bad. I could see that it was a generation by generation thing too - parents were spreading the disease to their children.
I saw other Empaths too - we recognize each other right away, and the two I saw smiled at me. I don't think they know about what they are, however. It might be best because I've never really found a good use for having this.
So, now I feel it all this morning. Doing everything to get it out of me - I felt it last night too, but it's like being in a car wreck and you don't really feel it until after awhile. I feel it now. I feel sick, depression, anxiety, unbalance, and etc.
I will be ok in a few more hours after I perform some techniques that sends away the disease I absorbed, but really it doesn't help the problem.
The problem is our society. And this isn't anything new - we live in the realm of suffering, but it doesn't have to be this way is what bothers me. If each person recognized their illness, and participation in the continuing process of this suffering then the world would change.
LOVE is the foundation of the Creator/Universe - it is within everything - and this suffering has been the nudger to get us off our butts to move towards the Light.
“If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.” - Lao Tzu
I'm not a perfect person. I try to rid myself of the disease as well, but I feel that if people just understood these things then the effort would be a beginning, and we would see things change fast.
The powers-that-be who perpetuate things like poverty, war, and etc would lose their power, or at least desire to do those things if they too tried to be healed, because they're sick too.
Here are traits of an Empath
- Random mood swings even though you have no idea why. You search for possible reasons why you may be feeling the way you do and attach labels that don't really fit.
- In crowds, your emotions run high and change often--you get anxiety-ridden, panicky, frustrated, angry. You may want to be in a large crowd, but every time you do, you end up feeling tired (and it's because you emotionally run a marathon of different emotions).
- People seek you out to confide in you
- People like being around you, but every time they are, they end up talking about their problems/issues and yet, your problems/issues are rarely spoken of, if at all.
- You have a need to make everyone feel better/feel happier and take steps to make it happen
- You somehow just "know" what people need to hear in order to feel better about themselves
- You have difficulty expressing your own emotions and much prefer to focus on someone else
- You often ignore people's bad treatment of you--explaining it away because they need you, and on some level, that's enough for you.
- You are the natural healer, helper & you always sacrifice for others. You NEED to help people.
- You are a magnet/receptacle for negative energy. Not because you started out feeling negative, but because others need a place to put their negative energy (and there you were, ready to receive it!).
- You don't like feeling bad/down/negative/sad, but you feel resigned & believe it to be part of your lot in life
- You are the natural animal lover! You love animals--they make you feel happy and a love that feels like pure innocence.
- You are a "nature baby." Being in the country, by the water, at the beach, a good rain storm, etc.--anything to do with nature brings you a sense of peace that you just crave.
Anyway, one technique I'm going to perform today is painting. I haven't painted in years, but after I got back last night I realized I should paint something positive and put Love/Light into the world. Perhaps this is why I am an Empath. :)