Curie Weekly Update (5th Feb to 13th Feb 2017)
In spirit of Curie's transparency, we wish to use this weekly section as an ongoing development blog on our project to communicate our progress on top of the many casual exchanges happening in channel #curie.
- For those new to Curie, please follow @curie, and join us in #curie on Steemit.chat.
- We invite curators to submit posts from new authors in http://curiesteem.com. A finder's fee of 8 Steem is available for each upvoted post.
- Follow @curie's votes to support the authors. Please consider following our trail and voting for curated authors. If you are a Streemian user, @curie is an available trail to follow.
- Curie continues its focus on supporting new authors. Semi-established authors are supported by Steem Guild.
- Remember to follow and interact with authors that you love going through The Daily Curie.
Please check out our recent important announcement: https://steemit.com/curation/@curie/curie-and-community-an-open-invitation-for-all-to-be-part-of-our-curation-works-powered-by-streemian
Also, take note that we are currently increasing the bar for quality curation. Below is the list of posts that would NOT be voted on by @curie:-
- Poetry posts unless they are particularly unique
- Recipe posts unless they have pictures documenting the process; and some originality to the recipe
- In case of frequently posted series (e.g. a daily series), vote one in three editions (Unless it's a good fiction series or something like that)
- Art/craft type posts unless it's exceptional or there's a progression documented
- Fact based posts without proper citations and references
- Non-original content unless it's a substantial curation with their opinion
- Authors milking the same topic
- Dumping reposts from older blogs / youtube channel etc.
After 2 weeks of operations @ Streemian, below are some of the most frequent reasons for post rejection - please take note to avoid these in order to improve your curator's score and approval rating:-
- Photography posts
- Activity-of-the-day type posts largely driven by photography
- Mediocre recipe posts
- Reposts from older blogs / youtube etc.
- Posts violating 48 hr rule
- Non-original shares
- Fact based posts without sources cited
Over the last week, Project Curie curated a total of 503 posts at an average of 72 posts per day. A total of 364 unique authors were rewarded. The numbers dipped compared to previous week due to our frontend testing, having shifted to http://curiesteem.com.
SBD 6,739 was generated at an average of SBD 13.40 per post.
The Top 20 Authors by payouts last week were -
Now that we've unified our curation, please note that the Top 12 Curator list will dynamically change every other week depending on performance. Anybody will be able to rise up the ranks with consistent, quality curation. Inconsistent, low quality curation will result in dropping out of Top 12 (or regular curation, if under-performance continues).
This week we have adjusted to a Top 11 Curator list, in view that the curator at position #11 has over 50% higher score than #12 / #13, both of whom have low approval rates.
This week, we have upvoted 504 posts submitted by curators in http://curiesteem.com, with 3,944 STEEM paid out / pending payouts to curators.
From next week, we'll used a revised formula to calculate Curators Score. It'll put even more of an emphasis on approval rates, and thus quality over quantity. The new formula will be Posts approved * (Approval rate)^2. We'll offer a preview to what the scores last week would have been using this new formula. We'll need a minimum CS of 5 to be eligible for Top 12 and 1 to be eligible for 5 submissions/day. Curators with an exceptionally high Score over the month will receive a monthly bonus.
Join us in #curie on Steemit.chat, vote for @curie as witness and follow us @curie!