The SEVENTH Fractal Writing Contest is over. There were 10 contestants this time, an average number and no new record :( We had short stories, poems, and 3 haikus, but again, no picture. After a while, it was obvious that the fractal was a Scarab trying to get his message through time & space; and the name of the fractal is "Scarab of the Universe!" Once more, @bryarose23 submitted a wonderful short story of a king that would do anything for... "love" (well, a selfish kind of love) and gets the 1st prize for a creative entry with a twist.
The contest post expired with a payout of 2.884 SBD, and the rewards are as follows:
|@bryarose23||1st||1.5 SBD||short story|
Congratulations to all participants and a big thank you to all upvoters. I'd like to see more participation in these contests and get a bigger reward pool to distribute, so it would be helpful to resteem and/or upvote. If there are enough SBDs made by the contest post, I will try to reward a 2nd- and 3rd- place winner, as well.
By the way -- I was thinking of sending printouts of the fractal to the winners instead of SBD rewards, but I have to check out how to do it first; online on-demand print services, perhaps? If anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them.
This week, the EIGHTH installment of the Fractal Writing Contest will run.
Each post in this contest series will contain a fractal, a 2-dimensional representation of a complex mathematical formula. The participants have to post a comment with something inspired by the fractal, be it just a title, a haiku, a story, whatever.
- You have to reply with a comment in the contest post.
- The reply must be inspired by the fractal, but no explanation needed.
- Any kind of content is acceptable: just a title, a haiku, a poem, a short story, a painting, a photo, a video, a doodle, whatever. The content must be yours, no links to other people's work accepted.
- I will pick the best reply, when the post expires (1 week after posting it).
- The winner gets half the SBD made in the post, minimum 1 SBD. The rest are split to the other winners: if there are enough SBDs made by the contest post, I will try to reward a 2nd- and 3rd- place winner, as well.
- Upvotes and resteems are welcomed, but not necessary to participate.
Fractal for Contest #8:click on image for detailed view
A fractal made in JWildFire
(click on image for detailed view)