Oh The Endless Possibility,
Let Your Imagination Run Free
And Maybe Win Some SBD!
Welcome to Tell Me A Story, this is the first contest I have attempted to hold, and hopefully it will not be the last, so please upvote and resteem to get the word out there!
1. One Entry Per Person
2. Prose, poetry, any form of fiction is accepted, as long as you tell me a story
3. Your opening line or title must incorporate the prompt
4. Entries must be submitted by the time this post pays out (7 days from now - the winner will be announced a few days later)
5. Work must be your own
6. One picture only please
7. First Place wins 5SBD (if we get a lot of entries, we will also be offering a second and third place of 3SBD and 2SBD)
8. Upvote this post, and resteem (not resteeming won't get your entry disqualified, but resteeming is very much appreciated to help get the word out there)
9. I don’t really want to specify a length, but don’t go crazy please
10. Post a link to your tale in the description
You must incorporate the prompt in either your opening line, or title. It must be featured word for word, although you can make this part of a longer sentence.
Utopia is a very subjective place, and Utopia for one man, could be dystopia for another. I am looking to hear the tale of someone who has visited a planet widely referred to as ‘A Utopia’. You can tell me this tale in any way you want.
If you are looking for more ideas, some of the questions I have pondered on, that you may want to answer include:
- Why visit? Is anyone allowed to just visit?
- Why is it known as utopia? Does everyone agree that it is?
- Did your character agree it was a utopia? Why/why not?
- Why did your character leave? Or did they stay?
- Why is your character telling the story?
I am really looking forward to reading your entries.Good luck, and don't forget to include a link in the comments!