Introducing DPlay: a decentralized short video platform using STEEM and IPFS
Definition of DPlay
For a while we were watching 3rd party video platform integrated with Steem blockchain and their interaction with the users. Users spent a lot of time producing a content. And every content hasn’t same quality, and everyone couldn’t produce professional content. Because in video content, quality shouldn’t be measured by time spent on technical work. Creativity and consumption rate must be the main parameters that determine quality. We hope to do this via DPlay. Because DPlay is a decent short video sharing platform that integrates into the Steem blockchain, allowing you to upload and view the videos on the IPFS Network.
But just for info;
- That it is just a demo version whith a few bug and issue. You will need SteemConnect AND your posting key for sharing a video. It's just a SteemConnec-Wordpress disagreement. We are trying to fix this issue and use JUST SteemConnect. We will solve all bugs and issues as soon as possible.
Dplay's purpose and target audience
We aim to be a platform where video content producers and consumers can get maximum efficiency for minimum time. We want to encourage users to shoot short and creative videos by putting a time bar. We will reward those who are able to do this. In order to receive a prize, they will need to use their talents, skills and knowledge to interact with other users and create better contents. Our focal point is to increase communication and creativity. We aim to reward creative contents from 20 to 60 seconds that users share via DPlay. At this point, we want to mobilize the video content production on Steemit. That's why every Steemian is in our target audience.
How can you use DPlay?
You can only share content via Dplay. Using wallet options and giving upvote/flag isn’t allowed on DPlay. You will only share your content. We aim to create a safer environment on this. You can share your video over the IPFS network, between 20 and 60 seconds with DPlay. In addition, you can filter content shared by other users category and prize-based, and also you can share contents for your other social media accounts. DPlay is basically a sharing and filtering platform and input operations are performed with SteemConnect. We don't take your password in our database. We offer a simple interface to the users for this.
DPlay's reward system and content categories
DPlay is a global content sharing platform, so it only rewards English contents. Also these contents must be original. The content will be rewarded according to the category and qualifications. Categories in which users can produce mainly content:
- Entertainment: In this category, users share funny videos like sketch, vine and prank videos.
- Reaction: In this category, users share their reaction videos to people-products and events.
- Survey: In this category, users share the videos they produce for the topics that Dplay sets daily. With this category, Dplay aims to learn the opinions of users in various topics and encourage them to produce more content.
- Challenge: In this category, produced videos are shared for 1 minute contests organized by users or Dplay.
- Talent: In this category, users share videos they are trying to show in 1 minute of any capability they have.
- General : In this category, users share videos about anything which couldn't belong any category.
Each category has its own reward rate. The principle of rewarding original and quality content is the main purpose of DPlay. In addition, DPlay offers the opportunity to earn a steady income from donors who provide delegations. This makes it an attractive investment tool for everyone. Just like @dtube, @dsound and @dmania, it takes some of the prizes in DPlay. These prizes are used for further development of DPlay, funding, server and advertising costs, and payment of donor share.
DPlay's 2018 roadmap
Dplay wants to reward the maximum number of members in 2018, develop a short video culture on the blockchain system and provide a comfortable content production and tracking platform for its users. Here is our roadmap for this:
- Develop the Dplay.io interface and make it more user-friendly and stable
- Reward more content creators, find more support for it
- To offer Dplay-App for Android and IOS users and to mobilize video production.
How do we support DPlay?
You can support DPlay by doing resteem this post, following @dplay account, joining our Discord Channel, and to be sponsor for DPlay. Also you can comment your idea, suggestion and criticism. We are curious about your thoughts. Help us to be better.
Thank you for reading.
Join us in Discord Channel