The Curious Expedition is an open-source project that pursues the translation of the linguistic content of a graphic adventure video game. The game sets the players in the 19th century scenario and encourages them to become ones of the greatest adventurers of human history. To achieve fame and glory, they must explore gigantic uncharted territories –full of countless dangers and treasures– and prove their bravery and ingenuity every step along the way. This goes through a decision-making dynamic that makes unique the path and gaming experience of every player.
Personally, I believe it is an amazing game that boosts imagination and creativity on its players. I encourage you to give it a try, you won't regret it! The development and constant update of this game proves the advantages open-source projects have regarding self-management and improvement.
Ahead, there is the link of the game's webpage:
For this translation, I worked on Main Game and Curious Expedition: RIVALS files.
- On Main Game, I translated the data and popup messages concerning the startup of the game and status of The Curious Expedition server. This included the login boxes for the players to access the game with their personal accounts.
- Example of the work done:
"The game version does not match the server version. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser cache."
"Esta versión del juego no concuerda con la versión del servidor. Intenta refrescar la página o limpiar la caché de tu navegador."
- On Curious Expedition: RIVALS, I translated narrative and values of variables to be used within the game code in this game version. Finding an old forgotten diary with your name on it, traveling in a hot air balloon, being guided to a pyramid by a column of light, MANY crates, lots of fun and all kinds of adventures can be found in this master piece of entertainment!
- Example of the work done:
"We [noticed|found|saw|discovered] some personal [belongings|items|things|sundries], including a [diary|journal|book] with the faded [title|words|markings|script|letters] "The [Expedition|Journal|Journey|Trek|Adventure] of $playerName." I [hoped|prayed] our [expedition|journey|trek|adventure] didn't end up like theirs."
"[Notamos|Encontramos|Vimos|Descubrimos] una variedad de [posesiones|ítems|cosas|objetos] personales, incluyendo un [diario|libro de anotaciones|libro] con [los títulos desvanecidos|las palabras desvanecidas|los símbolos desvanecidos|la escritura desvanecida|las letras desvanecidas]. "[La Expedición|El Diario|La Excursión|La Travesía|La Aventura] de $playerName." [Esperé que|Recé porque] [nuestra expedición|nuestra excursión|nuestro viaje|nuestra aventura] no terminara así."
This translation was made from English to Spanish.
I got plenty experience making translations for this project as an Utopian contributor. This is the first time I collaborate here as Language Moderator of Da-Vinci/Utopian Spanish Translation Team. Besides this project, I have experience translating and proofreading Ancap-ch, Node.js, Byteball Wiki, OroCrm and BiglyBT
- The amount of words translated in this contribution is: 1082.
- The total amount of words translated in this project (as a Da-vinci/Utopian translator) is: 5405.
Previous Translations of the Project
- Contribution N'01. Submitted on September 2nd, 2018.
- Contribution N'02. Submitted on September 3rd, 2018.
- Contribution N'03. Submitted on September 5th, 2018.
- Contribution N'04. Submitted on September 7th, 2018.
Proof of Authorship