The Curious Expedition is an open-source project that pursues the translation of the linguistic content of a graphic adventure video game. The game sets the players in the 19th century scenario and encourages them to become ones of the greatest adventurers of human history. To achieve fame and glory, they must explore gigantic uncharted territories –full of countless dangers and treasures– and prove their bravery and ingenuity every step along the way. This goes through a decision-making dynamic that makes unique the path and gaming experience of every player.
Personally, I believe it is an amazing game that boosts imagination and creativity on its players. I encourage you to give it a try, you won't regret it! The development and constant update of this game proves the advantages open-source projects have regarding self-management and improvement.
Ahead, there is the link of the game's webpage:
For this translation, I worked on Main Game and Mod: Apes files.
- On Main Game, as a proofreader, I suggested the modification of a series of strings. I achieved providing a more accurate translation of them, one that suits the original meanings of the text of the project.
- Example of the work done here:
[What a lady!|A woman, really?|Leave the adventure to men!|Do my eyes deceive me, a woman?|Go back to the kitchen!|Times are changing.|Well that's a pleasant surprise for the fairer sex.|She is glorious.|She should know her place!|Times are certainly changing for the better.|Not bad, for a woman.|She is a role model!]
[¡Qué dama!|Una mujer, ¿en serio?|¡Deje las aventuras a los hombres!|¿Acaso me engañan mis ojos? ¿Una mujer?|¡Vuelva a la cocina!|Los tiempos están cambiando|Bien, eso es una sorpresa agradable para el sexo femenino.|Ella es gloriosa.|¡Ella debería conocer su lugar!|Los tiempos están cambiando para mejor, ciertamente.|Nada mal, para una mujer.|¡Ella es un modelo a seguir!]
- On Mod: Apes, I translated the narrative of an extension of the game. This one, tells the story of an expedition of ancient Ape Men to find the mystical Golden Cities, gain glory and earn the favor for the Ape Emperor. Loyal animal companions, ships heading to adventure, Bananaschnapps, lots of fun and all kinds of adventures can be found in this master piece of entertainment!
- Example of the work done here:
[My reputation was still meagre, but|After the efforts of my past raids I was delighted as] [I noticed a mild interest in our exploits|more Apes started to show an interest in our ship]. Who did I want to recruit?
[Mi reputación aún era escasa, pero|Tras los esfuerzos de mis incursiones pasadas,] [pude notar un interés moderado en nuestras hazañas|más simios comenzaron a mostrar interés en nuestro barco]. ¿A quién quería reclutar?
This translation was made from English to Spanish.
I got plenty experience making translations for this project as an Utopian contributor. This is the first time I collaborate here as Language Moderator of Da-Vinci/Utopian Spanish Translation Team. Besides this project, I have experience translating and proofreading Ancap-ch, Node.js, Byteball Wiki, OroCrm and BiglyBT
- The amount of words translated in this contribution is: 1110.
- The total amount of words translated in this project (as a Da-vinci/Utopian translator) is: 2132
Previous Translations of the Project
- Contribution N'01. Submitted on September 2nd, 2018.
Proof of Authorship