Interview with @crypto.talk (Partiko) on MSP Waves (PAL Discord)
This morning I woke up 40 minutes earlier than usual as I was invited by @pennsif to be his guest interviewer for the interview of @crypto.talk the man behind Partiko, the Steem dapp for mobile phones that is adopted by more and more Steemians. I believe @pennsif will upload the recording of his show "Here Comes the News" so you guys will be able to listen it and to the interview.
Partiko looks good and runs well and fast. It is still lacking of some features some might find important but as it is I find it very usable already and the team behind it are working on adding more functionalities such as the wallet.
One novelty Partiko has introduced, to my knowledge, is a point system which at the moment only allows you to climb up in the leaderboard ranking. But from today's interview with @crypto.talk, we discovered that we will be soon able to redeem the Partiko points to get upvotes from @partiko! There will be more use for the points, they can be considered as a currency and can be transferred to other users.
The nice touch is that the points are acquired by being more engaged within the platform:
- +10 for checking-in each day
- +5 points for upvoting a post
- +10 points for commenting on a point
At the end of the interview I sent @crypto.talk a list of feature requests via DM, some of which were already in the pipeline:
- access to the Steem wallet
- the ability to upload more photos
- upvote notifications should contains the weight and value of the upvote. If using notification aggregation, show the total up vote value.
- better markdown rendering (tables for example).
- mention notifications would be a plus
- having a tab system for each type of notifications
- from the tab system, being able to reply to the notification directly without opening the actual post
- if you click on the actual post, scroll down to the actual comment
- have clicks on Steemit.com and busy.org links opens the post inside the app rather than launching Safari/Chrome browser
- when upvoting, have the process happening in the background rather than having a modal window waiting for the transaction to be completed. Only show a modal upon errors
- display the witness page
- 3D Touch to show preview of a post or more details of a notification
- extra points when comments are over X words
- extra points when the depth of a comment is greater than X
It’s more a list of ideas rather than feature requests
The Rocket Stove (again)
Again, after work, I went to play with the rocket stove. I've finally worked out its final design. What changed here is that I made the burning chamber vertical. The wood is added vertically instead of horizontally so it falls down, I don't have to push it in deeper like with a horizontal version. The second chamber is nothing more than a second chimney that is shorter than the other one and the two chambers connect to each other in the middle.
The photo above is when the fire is established, the flames are sucked down towards the second chimney. Very little to no smoke is being produced then. At the beginning, as you can see below, the flames would come out off the first chimney, I would just wait for the wood to burn properly and then blow into the first chimney to reverse the direction of the flame.
Previously on my Ulog:
- ULOG 076 - One more day before the weekend
- ULOG 075 - Getting my assed kicked and quick Witness Update
- ULOG 074 - I received my Smoove 2 gimbal
Vote for my witness
On Steem, Witnesses are playing the important role of providing a performant and safe network for all of us. You have the power to choose 30 trusty witnesses to package transactions and sign the blocks that will go in the Steem blockchain. Vote for me via SteemConnect to help me do more useful projects for the communities.
|I'm a member of||these communities|
- The image at the top has been generated with the Canva app using my own photo.
Protect your money against Phishing Scam!
Cryptos accounts are the target of international scammers because they want your hard earned money!
Those people are very clever and in a moment of inattention, you've given them your login and password!
I've created a Chrome extension that can help you detecting scam links!
Password and Private Keys security
You all know that your Steem password is the access to all your STEEM, SBD, posting, transferring, everything... right?
So, please, follow these simple steps and keep yourself safe:
- Apart from the initial setup of your account, NEVER use your password ANYWHERE, if stolen, it will give full control to your Steem account.
- Backup your password and keep it somewhere safe. Use a password manager like Lastpass, print it on paper and put it in a safe (no kidding). If you forget your password, no one can help you out.
- To login for creating content and curating, use your Private Posting Key
- To make transfers and account operations, use your Private Active Key
- To encrypt and decrypt memos, use your Private Memo Key