Oh The Endless Possibility,
Let Your Imagination Run Free
And Win Some 5 SBD!
Welcome to Tell A Story To Me. We are back with another prompt, and the results of the last round! It was a real tough one, but my word did you guys deliver, answering the prompt in so many imaginative ways I never would have thought of! Thank you all so much for sharing your wonderful tales!
It was really fun round, we had a lot of good entries, in the end, we have a few extra prizes!
The Winners #9
Getting 5SBD (and a massive thank you to @girlbeforemirror for sponsoring first place <3)
@cyemela with When You Die
Getting 1SBD and 1 @steembasicincome
Thank you to everyone who came back to vote for the authors choice award, the very wide spread of votes really reflected the amount of fantastic stories here, getting a 1 @steembasicincome share and 1SBD
Normally we only have one winning voter, but this time, we could have had ten. We didn't reach the max number of voters so everyone won!! - 1 @steembasicincome share for voting goes to:
@erh.germany wins an additional 1SBI for their very well thought out vote
Who also got an additional steem basic income share each, not only cos their votes were great, but their stories were highly amusing!
Anyone can win 1 @steembasicincome just by voting so even if you don't have chance to enter, you can head back for another chance to win!
First Place - win 5SBD in every round - Thank you so so much to @girlbeforemirror for sponsoring this prize <3
Second Place - this is triggered once we hit ten entries, and 1SBD and 1 @steembasicincome share
Third Place - this is triggered once we hit twenty entries and is either 1SBD or 1 @steembasicincome share
Author's Choice & Voters Prize - I have a prize for Authors Choice so I am asking everyone who enters to vote for their favourite from the other entries - I will release a list of entries when the contest closes and will be asking for the votes there. Lucky voters will also win!
1. One Entry Per Person
2. Prose, poetry, any form of fiction is accepted, as long as you tell me a story based on the prompt
3. Your entry must be written for this contest, and inspired by the prompt
4. Entries must be submitted by Midnight (BST) on Monday October 29th (That gives you just over two weeks to enter)
5. Use #tellastorytome, you don't have to, but your stories are so good I feel like they deserve their own tag
6. One picture only please, additional images of text are fine, but I want you to tell me a story with words, so only one actual picture
7. First Place wins 5 SBD more prizes up for grabs if we get enough entries
8. Link back to this contest somewhere in your post. I would be really grateful if you also resteemed this contest (not doing so won't get your entry disqualified, but it is very much appreciated to help get the word out there, and more entries means more prizes)
9.I don’t really want to specify how long it should be, so no min length, and aim for under 4,000 but if it goes a little over, don't worry, I normally find myself wishing your entries never ended
10. Post a link to your tale in the comments below
Your entry must be inspired by this prompt, this is a little different this round, but I am going to trust you all the play by the rules and write an entry specially for me, you have two options. I am looking to hear the story of....
The scariest story ever... or... tell me the scariest story you can
I want to hear a story that either, features the scariest story ever, or is written especially to try and scare me. I have no problems with gore, violence, bloodshed, heart break, freaky horror, creepy things, in fact, I generally just enjoy all horror, so it's open game. That said, your story doesn't have to fit any of these the genres mentioned, it can be anything you want, as long as it either features the scariest story ever as something characters encounter/hear about/etc, or, is a scary story written especially for me.
If you are looking for more ideas for the story about a story, some of the questions you could think about, but by no means have to answer, include:
- Has anyone actually read the story?
- Why is it so scary?
- Does everyone think it is scary?
- What are the effects of reading/hearing it on people?
There is a lot of room for imagination here, so I hope it isn't too broad and you will all find ways (and time) to be creative and see what you can come up with, and I can't wait to see your entries.
Don't forget to include a link in the comments!