No, it's perfectly places.
- Stuff I'm unhappy about Hive ⇒ post on Hive.
- Stuff I'm unhappy about Steem ⇒ post on Steem.
What you are missing is that you can be a member of both chains. There is no official requirement to close one account and only use one chain.
Mind you: After @justinsunsteemit did the ultimate evil and seized funds I'm powering down and wait for good time to sell.
On scale of 1 … 10 — with 10 being most evil:
- Temporary freezing funds or accounts: 3
- Excluding users from blockchain fork: 5
- Gaining control over DPoS blockchain with sock puppets: 7
- Seizing funds: 9
With each step it got worse and there is only one step left: stealing everyones funds.