Today we are excited to introduce our brand new Steemhunt commenting system - Steemhunt comments that are curated/moderated by hunters.
One of the most important values of Steemhunt is that it provides the perfect place for geeks and tech enthusiasts to discuss cool new tech products. Discussing products adds immense value to the platform, so this is just as important as sharing cool hunts. This why we also upvote comments.
However, our upvotes also encourage meaningless or spam comments for some users seeking rewards. This is a serious issue because their abuse attempts reduce our platform quality and the motivations of good commenters.
Many hunters have suggested that we moderate the comments too, but that is not a scalable/community-driven solution. So, we came up with a new curation system for the comments.
Solution - Hunt Score-based Comment Curations
Similar with hunt posts curation, comments will also be curated by the community by using a hunt score-based voting system. Also, dedicated hunters can become moderators by giving a thumbs-down for some meaningless/spam comments.
1. Hunt Score-based Comment Curations
So far the comment sort was based on STU (Steem Token Units) like Steemit. STU-based sorting did not effectively curate the popular comments because it’s heavily influenced by stake-weighted voting.
From today, all the comments in each post will be sorted by the hunt scores that the comment has collected. This is the same as the hunt post curation. You can upvote each comment based on your voting weight from your user score in Steemhunt. The comments with the highest hunt scores will be at the top.
2. Thumb-down for Community-driven Moderations
Hunt score-based curations will not be able to eliminate the spam comments because they will be shown at bottom anyway, even though they got low scores. But we don’t want to bring in the “flagging” interface from Steemit because it may discourage the community mood.
So, we came up with a community-drive moderation system for comments. Users can click the “thumb-down” button on each comment whenever they see meaningless/spam comments. This system works as follows:
- Whenever a hunter clicks the thumbs-down button, the
thumbs-down score (TDS)of the comment will be increased by the amount of the hunter’s full voting weight (TDS will not be not visible).
- Once the comment has 10 TDS or more from at least 2 hunters, it will be greyed, which means the comment is kind of delisted by the community.
- The TDS and count of greyed comments will be added as a penalty point to the users hunter level.
- The thumb-down button is only visible for lv.2 or above hunters.
New Airdrop Category for Upvoting Comments
We know that Steemians are not upvoting comments as much as posts. So we made a new airdrop category to promote upvoting comments in Steemhunt.
From today, there will be 10,000 HUNT tokens distributed to the comment upvoters. The user’s HUNT tokens will be calculated by the portions of the total STU rewards for daily comments.
Please check out for the daily distribution details:
- 10,000 tokens per day will be distributed to people who upvote comments on hunt posts located under the “Today” tab on Steemhunt.com.
- HUNT tokens will be assigned based on the share of the person’s upvoting value of the total hunter rewards of the day generated from comments.
- You can only receive tokens for the comments from the posts in the “Today” section. This means that you can’t get tokens by upvoting yesterday’s posts.
@steemhunt will Upvote Top 100 Comments Everyday
Steemhunt will upvote only the top 100 comments based on its hunt score. This means that we will only upvote the top comments that are curated by the community. Here are more details for our upvotes:
- Only the top 100 comments based on hunt scores of the day will be upvoted.
- The voting weight by @steemhunt will be varied based on the commenter’s hunter level.
- Max 2 comments per hunter per day will be upvoted.
- Greyed comments won’t be upvoted.
- There’s no more minimum letter cases to get the upvote.
- Voting comments for the community roles are the same way as before: first two comments = hunter level rewards + community role rewards / rest of them = role rewards
Please follow @steemhunt account and join our chat channels (Discord is more active):