A week ago, I wrote a post called Tell Me Your Thoughts About Steem Voting For A Chance To Win 100% Upvotes From Me.
I was pleasantly surprised by the number of responses I received, and I was even more pleased with the quality of responses. Thanks to everyone who participated.
The winners of the random selection are as follows:
|first place||second place||third place|
|15 upvotes||10 upvotes||5 upvotes|
A Summary Of The Responses
I did my best to communicate the responses as accurately as possible. I did make some edits as well as condensed answers that were similar in order to improve the readability of this post.
What are your criteria for upvoting a post?
- I upvote what appeals to me.
- I upvote based on the writing effort displayed in the post.
- I upvote creative posts.
- I upvote exceptional posts and curate the best out there.
- I upvote because of the story within the post.
- I upvote posts that have great eye candy (pretty pictures, pictures of places, pictures of things) and because I love to read fiction I upvote any well-written story slice that is a whole part.
- I upvote to help other people.
- I upvote posts that catch my attention - great title and thumbnail image.
- I upvote engaging and well thought out posts. I upvote posts that allow the community to grow up and allows people to interact among themselves.
- I am quite liberal with my upvotes because I know that my vote isn't really worth a heck of a lot yet.
How do you decide how much of an upvote you should give?
- I always give 100% upvotes (by choice)
- I always give 100% upvotes because I do not have enough Steem Power to use the vote slider.
- I usually throw a 100% upvote at a post if I really like it, but if the person is well rewarded I lower the percentage to have more VP for under-rewarded great authors.
- Since I want to engage more than 10 people each day, I adjust my vote percentage. I try my best to spread more upvote love.
- I usually upvote at 50% or less on a post. If the post has not yet passed the dust threshold, then I upvote 75% to 100%. There are a few people that I always give 100% upvote to those are the ones that I fully support for personal reasons, mostly because they are trying to help others, and not themselves.
Do you leave comments for posts that you did not upvote? Why or why not?
- If I comment on a post, it usually gets an upvote as well.
- I usually upvote posts I comment on (unless I forget).
- I try not to comment on posts that I cannot vote on. Either up or down vote
- Yes! I’m too noisy not to say something
- I always try to leave a thoughtful comment even when I can't upvote. When my voting strength, I try to add to the post by commenting.
- No. I got chewed out once when I was a new user for doing that.
Do you upvote comments that people write for your post? Why or why not?
- I only upvote genuine comments.
- I upvote the majority of comments written on my posts.
- I even upvote comments that are written for other posts. Comments are the future of this platform. Sometimes the comment section persuades me to upvote the whole post too.
- I do not vote for Bot's that leave comments.
- No. I reserve my voting strength for upvoting posts.
- I upvote interesting, funny, and well thought out comments.
- I haven't upvoted comments as much as I should, and that's only because I'm still learning about the protocols and customs on Steem.
What is the one thing that bothers you the most about Steem upvoting?
- Earning from posts is limited to 7 days.
- I feel that many great posts are greatly undervalued and new users fall by the wayside.
- There is no way to show support outside of the comment and upvote system. I would be nice if there was something like a heart icon that lets you show support to the content creator.
- Too many good posts and authors, but I do not have enough voting power to support them all.
- I don't like how slow it is for vote strength to recover. It would be nice to have access to the vote slider before reaching 500SP.
- I love to vote, so I am scared that my voting strength will go down to zero.
- There are problems, but I think that when this system isn't working right then someone will find a good solution.
As always, thanks for stopping by! And congrats to the winners!
More About My Steem Projects
|image source: bitmoji app||Like This Post? |
Upvote, Comment, Resteem
Want More Like It?
Follow My Steem Blog!
| Learn how to format your Steem posts so that your great content looks great!
image source: pixabay
||Wanna Join The Best Birthday Party On The Steem Blockchain? Click here for more details!