Hello Steemit Users,
while talking to my friends today about steemit, i found out, that a lot of people are not aware of the risk, while installing a browser extension.
A browser extension for chrome or firefox has a lot of rights:
- Read content of the website you are surfing
- Manipulate the content
- Change the url
- and much more ...
What does it mean for steemit? Well theoretically someone could steel your keys or password!
(with only ~ 5 lines of code)
So don't install any chrome extension, that can read anything on http://steemit.com !
But wait, arent their even extensions, that can read all content on all websites? - Sadly yes!
- You install a chrome extension that can read everything on any website you visit.
(Maybe an enhancement for a other site)
- The chrome extension is than capturing your input data (like personal data, passwords) from steemit
- The extension is sending your data to the developer
- He is now withdrawing your money
So what should you do?
- Trust the developer?
- Don't install any browser extension?
- Surf only in incognito browser mode with no extensions on?
If you have a lot of money, surf only in incognito browser mode, with no extensions on!
What are your opinions?