STEEM-POCALYPSE SURVIVAL GAME CONTEST - SEASON 6 DAY 1 ROUND 1 - 50 SBD PRIZE POOL SO FAR

Death! – Mayhem! – Gunfire! – Explosions! – Violence!


Everywhere you search you see nothing but the same. Man, television just isn’t what it used to be. Suddenly, without you getting so frustrated that you shut off the television, the screen flashes black and the lights turn out too. They never came back on. That was two months ago now…

DAY 1 ROUND 1 SCENARIO


Since then, things have gotten increasingly worse. The sewers backed up and soiled just about everything. The stores and warehouses were looted and then burned. Cops and emergency-responders for the most part gave up by the end of the third day and joined in on the mayhem.

You have been holed up in an apartment. It wasn’t safe to stay at home, and most of your neighborhood had been torched. You took whatever food and water you could and found a place to lay low, which was working great, until now.

So many survivors and groups of thugs have been running about fighting it out over whatever goods are still left, and some survivors have even turned to cannibalizing. These are desperate times indeed, and your number is just about up.

Someone is hard at work attempting to break into the apartment that you are hiding in. You had never made a move to get out of the city yet because you thought that it was too dangerous, but now, it has become too dangerous to stay here. The pounding becomes louder, so you look around for anything else that is useful.

Your food ran out late last night, and you really don't have any resources. Hesitantly, you open the bedroom window and climb out onto the fire escape. Out here, you are an open target for snipers, but you haven’t heard any gunfire yet today. Perhaps they just haven’t had a target yet.

BOOM!

As you close the window and begin your climb down to the street, someone kicks open your door. You make it down to the street quickly enough that you miss the opportunity to find out who, and you race around the corner.

Options are limited, but it is too bright out to move very far. In a few miles, you can reach the edge of the city and escape into the woods, but your odds of survival may not be any better there. Still, you’ll have to set small goals and press on into order to survive. Hopefully you can find a place to hide until it becomes a little later in the day and a little harder to see.

With no electricity, there will be less light. If you find a good place to hide, you may even be able to look for useful resources while you hide… but where?

There is no one following you at the moment as far as you know, and whoever kicked in the door upstairs may have moved on to the next apartment by now, never knowing that you had been in there. Okay, let’s hide, but where?

Across the street is a box van, with no windows in back. Up the street is a flower shop that looks burned to the core and has all the windows busted out. Down the other way, there is a large tree with a lot of leaves…

OPTIONS

  • OPTION 1 - Try to hide in the van until nightfall and search it for useful items while you are there.

  • OPTION 2 – Try to hide in the flower shop until nightfall and search it for useful items while you are there.

  • OPTION 3 – Try to hide in the tree until nightfall and search it for useful items while you are there.

PLAYER RESPONSIBILITY

All players who have signed up and want to play must reply to this post with 24 hours in order to avoid elimination and continue gameplay. All players must reply to my option comment below, not to this post. I will reply to my own posts with the options each in their own comment, and the players must reply to whichever comment has the option that they wish to choose.

PRIZE POOL

The current prize pool is 50 SBD. The total prize pool amount will grow each round until the game is over.


A Special Thanks to @liberty-minded for Providing the Title Gif.

Until next time…

Don’t waste your time online, invest it with steemit.com


TO TRANSLATE POSTS VIA OPERATION TRANSLATION CLICK HERE

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  
·

I, @lturner, being of (mostly) sound mind, choose Option 2.

  • I have zero inventory.

  • I suspect I have six days before I need to eat since my food just ran out last night.

I have a whole discussion why I am choosing 2, but instead of cluttering up this already busy post for Papa Pepper to sort through, I'll save my overthinking for @dwells and @essentialoilmom 's Steem-Pocalypse Show post!

·
·

You must eat every two days in this game.

·
·
·

That makes a lot more sense than six! I don't think we were necessarily supposed to list that yet anyway, but it was something I was thinking about as I chose an option that was probably not going to provide me with food...

·
·
·
·

Yeah, you don't have to list that yet, as it's the first day. Basically, you don't have to keep track of it until the first time you eat or fail to eat, since everyone starts out on the same timer for having to eat.

·
·

We need to discuss having y'all on the show, that is if y'all have a webcam.

·
·
·

I'll have to remember to chat on your post and not on the main one!

·
·

Nice reply - so you get a 100% upvote on your comment. Welcome to the STEEM-Pocalypse.

·
·
·

Your doodles are just so damn adorable! [squee]

·
·
·

Hehe, thank you! :)

·
·

I think yer crazy for picking the flower shop lol but that IS a really cute idea and a good strategy xD

·
·
·

Hehe, I tend to choose those options that create a funny picture in my head for some reason :) Maybe it's not always a perfect choice, but I'm having a lot of fun by drawing them :)

·
·
·
·

Well, having fun is really the more important thing, anyway x)

And hey, you did better than me - so maybe you got a point there LOL XD

·
·

Lol - So pleased to have you back!

·
·
·

Happy to play again :) Love this game.

·

Option 2 for me.
Oh this gonna be exciting!

·

I'll choose option 2 this round. Great to be here again. May the odds be forever in your favour!

·

I sneak down the street towards the flower shop all the while looking for anything that can be used as a weapon. A tire iron a broken bottle anything that I can use to smash a head or anything to start a 🔥 with. I'll hunker down here and look for anything useful til dusk. Oh yeah don't try to sneak up on me because @heatherlg89 and I are watching each other's backs.

·

OPTION 2 – Try to hide in the flower shop until nightfall and search it for useful items while you are there.

·
·

I know I will last longer then you grandpa and if i have to I will take you down without hesitation!
Good luck!

·
·
·

On verra bien!

·
·
·
·

I choose option 2. Cheers!

·
·

Glad to see you back!

·
·
·

I'm also happy that I didn't miss this edition like the previous one :)

·

I will go ahead and choose Option 2 - The seemingly burned down Flower Shop.
I surely hope that whom ever is hunting us, might overlook a burned down building and move right along.

Maybe the owner had some nice goodies in a safe underneath the floorboards which he could not take with him. Hint, Hint : - )

Thank you for another season @papa-pepper.

·

I'm going with option 2.

I am @sireland and I approve this option

·
·

You need to edit that to read:

I am @sireland the current reigning champion and I approve this option

·

I choose Option 2:
I am going all Hunger Games: Pita on this one!
Burnt out means charcoal! I'm stripping down to my briefs and coating myself in soot! 👤 If they cant see me, they can't kill me. Plus, a few chunks of hardwood charcoal(fingers crossed) can be crushed and used for water purification later!!!

My clothes I'll roll into a bundle and coat in soot/charcoal as well!

(And if I am super lucky....there will be some amonium nitrate fertilizer outside in the back that I might bring for improved explosives later!! ;-D )

Good luck everyone, 💀YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT!!! 💝

·
·

Where did he go?

·
·
·

Option 2, into the burnt out flower shop.

(Sorry...mentally or strategically, mimicking Pita, the central figure from Books/movies: Hunger Games, that learned to be a master at camoflauge!)

·

I'm going with Option 2. Cant say why because my competitors are on here reading these comments...

·

That van doesn't feel right, I'll take my chances elsewhere. Hopefully there's something edible left in the shop

·

I choose option 2! Maybe I can find some pruning shears while I'm hiding.

·
·

Really? you're going to be propagating food plants and setting up little pockets of food forests wherever you go? Excellent idea!

·
·
·

Either that or stabby stabby.

·
·
·

We have to rebuild society after all.

·

I'll take the flower shop please...multiple exits, view, less chance of getting trapped then being in a tree, great camouflage with the ash and soot, plus possible explosives mats...this is the option for me. :D

·

I will hide in the flower shop.

·
·
·

Yeah! You're back again!

·
·
·

This time I'm in for the long haul!

·

Option 2 for me, Due to reason "x"

·
·

X

That is a good reason.

·

I choose option 2.

·

Option 2. The flower shop looks safe, it's already been burned out and the windows are broken, so it's less likely anyone will be looking for anything there. There might be some useful things there that survived the fire.

·
·

Thank you for moving your response!

·

I will go with option 2 this round

·

I choose Option 2 this round.

·

Pruebo suerte con la opción 2. Saludos.

·
·

You have to signup for the game ahead of time. You didn't sign up so you aren't playing.

If you really want to play, an alternative version you don't have to signup for is available here.

·

I choose two. I'm sneaking cautiously to the flower shop keeping an eye out for anything useful and for any people as I don't want to expose myself to anyone. As I enter the flower shop I look around hoping to find a water filter or anything I can make a shiv or weapon out of. I look up and see my fiancé 😭 @Charlesarthuriii . My love I thought you were... nvm... let's keep alert. Oh! And honey I love you so much!

·

I choose the flower shop. It's less likely than the van to be targeted by looters because it's already burned out. And trees are good places to hide, but you're not likely to find much of use there. I know florists keep useful tools around--like knives, scissors, and wire. So maybe I'll find some good resources here.

·
·

My thinking exactly! And who gets in a van when the city is running riot? Hello!

·

I choose the florist, it is the last place that someone wants to review as well as you can get useful items.

·

I choose Option 2 :-)

·

Option 2 - I ran towards the flower shop to hide for day, and search for supplies.

·
·
·
·
·

Would you please post that to the Play-Along-Pocalypse as well?

·

I choose option 2 as I feel it would be a safe place to hide out and possibly find some pruners or other supplies that could be helpful. I wanted to go in the tree but the branches we're too high for me to reach!

·

I'm choosing option 2!
Number three may be a good hiding spot, but I suspect that there might be a sniper there, due to the mention of them earlier in the story. And option number one might be a good place for finding small, essential items, but if someone's in there, the it would be suicide, so if I knew for sure that no one was in there, the that would be my choice, because of the essentials it might hold, and because of how easy it would be to guard it.

The flower shop might have larger, secondary supplies, and it would be easier to get in there without being noticed, and to escape if there is someone in the flower shop. So, my choice is going to be flower shop. Of course if there was someone in the shop, then I doubt that there would be a storyline where I get back out.

Well, only time will tell.

·

Option 2 for me!

·

Option 2. This is my 3rd season and 3rd attempt to reach Day 3.

·
·

On to Day 3... hopefully

·
·
·

Yes.. hopefully

·

I choose option 2, the flower shop. Being burned out is good. It will be safe as no one will check a burned out building. Also the items you pick up could withstand the fire (knife, gun, ammo, cans of food, flint for fire, etc). Might run into another helpful survivor with advice or resources. Overall, the best choice.

·
·

Great to see you playing!

·

I choose flower shop :)

·
·

Playing this game requires you to signup ahead of time. You did not sign up for Season 6 of STEEM-POCALYPSE and therefore you are not playing.

·
·
·

oops apologies, perhaps next time, whom do i need to follow to get update for same?

·
·
·
·

@Papa-Pepper and/or myself.

I run an Email Notification Service for people that want to know when the signups for the next season are open.

I'm also running an alternative version of STEEM-POCALYPSE that you don't have to signup to play, if you'd like to play along with us while you wait for Season 7.

Play-Along-Pocalypse

·
·
·
·
·

thanks a lot, filled the form :)

·
·
·
·
·
·

You're welcome!

Will you be joining our Play-Along-Pocalypse while you wait for Season 7 of STEEM-POCALYPSE?

·
·
·
·
·
·
·

sure :)

·

I'm with option two and the flower shop as well. Even if it's been burned, I'd think I could find a could place to hang tight that many would overlook.

·

The van seems like a big target for looters and desperation, hiding up a tree corners myself, I seem to have more outs hiding in a torched business. Option 2 for me.

·

Option 2

·

I choose option 2 and will hide in the flower shop for this round. Glad to be back and am ready to play!

·

Option 2--I choose to hide out in the flower shop and look for supplies.

·

Hello! I am going with option 2: the flower shop.

·

I choose OPTION 2

·

It's a perfect place to hide in. No one will think of coming here first. Since its a flower shop, although burned to the core, there's possibility of seeing good metal for self defense. There's no electricity so no one can find me easily. It's also a place big enough to make allies. Imma form a team flower shop squad.

·
·

Thank you for moving your response!

·

@chops316 I'll hide in the flower shop.

·

Option 2

I've never trusted a van unless it's down by the river... and there were way too many people in there already. ;)

I doubt there are many supplies in the florist, but its basis is unlikely to have attracted many... who wants roses after the balloon has gone up? No one... I hope.

Option 2 - Florist Shop

·
·

Living in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!! SMOKIN THE MARY JO WANNA!!

·

I choose the Flower shop because there will likely be lots of tools and snippers and wire and tape and supplies to help me survive. Maybe even seeds I can plant some day for a garden. Maybe a break room to rumage through...

·

I choose
OPTION 2 – Try to hide in the flower shop until nightfall and search it for useful items while you are there.

·

Option 2 for me

·
·

Hopefully you can do even better this time than in previous seasons! Great to see you playing again!

·

I'll take the Option 2.

·

I believe that the best choice is the flower shop because it offers the best chance of finding resources as well as several outputs in case of attack. So this is option 2 for me! Thank you! And good luck everybody !!

·

Option 2 please, Burned out already, not much chance looters will be looking there, but yet a good chance of finding something useful still.

·
·

@papa-pepper How do we know when we have to make the next decision? Am I doing this right?

·

I pick option 2. The van seems most dangerous to me, the tree would be my second choice, but.. My intuition is telling me to try the burned out flower shop. Like others have said, since it's already burned out it seems less likely that it will be inhabited or searched, and maybe there's something useful there to find.

·
·

So happy to see you joining in! I hope that you have fun and do well!

·
·
·

Thanks. :) Unfortunately I guess I didn't understand the rules well enough, I was thinking maybe the episodes/challenges were weekly and didn't realize that the next episode or challenge happened already and didn't get notified by email so I missed it.
Bummer too cause I really wanted to play, but I'll try again next time and remember to pay more attention to your page so I don't miss it.

Is it every day that you do a new challenge/episode where people need to respond to?
I was around, I just sort of assumed they were weekly or that I'd get an email telling me. My bad!

·

I am going to hide in the flower Shop. Option 2 for me.

·

I choose option 2
And I'm so excited!

·
·

Finally! Enough talking about it, it is time to play!

·

Option 2. When we run we don't have time to explain why.

·

I choose option 2

·

Ill search the flower shop and try to keep safe there. Option 2 for me please! :)

·

Option 2 for me. It is suprizing what handy items can survive in a building fire, a careful look around could find wonders

·
·

Cool! Great to see you back again!

·
·
·

Just like a bad penny, you can't get rid of me

·

I choose option 2.

·

Option 2 is my choice.
I quickly sneak down the street towards the flower shop,i could stay there and find some good items like,.scissor,knife,plastic,tape,matches etc.

i will hide and cut his neck and get his rifle...

·

I choose to hide in the flower shop!

It's burned down, no one will search it! (fingers crossed)

·
·

Got it. Batman is hiding...

·
·
·

Oh, I didn't state correctly. I'm staying out of sight 😁

·

I think I will hide and search the flower shop. I can image it would be less attractive to the crazies (or maybe not lol) but may have supplies.

·
·

Did you ever shoot me an address for your shirt? Either way, could you get with me on steemit.chat or discord so I can make sure that I have it.

·

I choose Option 2

·
·

Those poor walnuts. They sacrifice so much so that we may live...

·
·
·

I pick option 2 and will enjoy the better smell. I have nothing but my sanity.

·

I choose option 2.

·

Hi papa! I'll choose Option 2

·

I choose option 2

·

Its Option 2 for me !

·

The van seems like a target and a death trap. The tree is unlikely to have anything of value in it. The flower shop seems to be the only reasonable choice and therefore I choose option 2.

·

I'm going to the flower shop to search for goodies. Option 2. @ironshield

·
·

Nice to see you joining in!

·
·
·

Happy to be here and playing this season! @ironshield

·

I'll go with Option 2.

Game on!!

·

Option 2 for me

I'll hide in the flower shop and look for useful stuff. Hopefully get some food and ammunition.

·

I choose option 2 - there must be something in this burned area!

·

I choose option 2. Flower Power

·

Option 2 for me. Glad to be back for another round.

·

option 2 seems best and the one I shall take. It should be a wide open space with plenty of exits, and depending on the severity of the fire may offer hiding places in the basement, cieling, walls, attic. There may be infrastructure that could be turned into weapons-vase shards, shelving units, wiring etc. There may even be a water source. There may even be a backup generator, and tertiary means to get online (if you can't be cell)-and that could inform you which plants (if any left) may be edible..

A van offers no real shelter or hiding place to a bunch of cannibals.
A tree can be cut down, or they could just leave you up under siege there until you fall down.

·

I'll go with Option 2. smells like bacon in here.

·

I choose option 2. I may not find a lot of items, but it's safer than the van.

·

I will go with option 2. Just encase someone attacks me i have the chance to jump out the window and I will run for the tree or other large building with different levels so they cant know where I am!

·

I'll go with option 2

·

Option 2 for me please.

·

I'll go to the flower shop. I choose option 2.

·

I choose option 2. Always wanted to spend the night in a burned down flower shop.

·

I will choose option 2. Good luck everyone!

·

I choose Option 2.

·

Option 2.

Hope there's still something worthwhile there.

·

I choose option 2 this round. Sneaking towards the burned out flower shop my mind was flooded with fond memories of visiting the shop for fresh flowers. I had known the shop owners my entire bunny life. They didn't mind me coming over and nibbling on the sunflowers and daisies. Sadly I entered the shop hoping the friendly shop owners had made it out alive before the fire.
steempocalypse 61.gif

·

I choose option 2.

·

I'll go with Option 2.

·

Hi @papa-pepper, I would like to choose option 2

·
·

You should probably be tagging me instead since I'm the record keeper. :P

·

OPTION 2 – Try to hide in the flower shop until nightfall and search it for useful items while you are there.

·

option 2,i will eat some green's and make a weapon.

·

MMmm MM - ))
BURNT FLOW'erS !! - ))

YuM - ))

·

I choose option 2. Good luck to all the participants.

·

I will go with option 2 this round.Excited to play the game once again

·

I choose Option 2. flower shop.

·
·

Good to see you back!

·
·
·

I could back earlier but I missed your sign up posts to previous 3 seasons. Difference between our time zones plays its role.

·

I will go with option 1.

·

OPTION 2 - FLOWER SHOP
The van seems like it could be full of useful items such as tools, weapons, maybe even an ignition key... The tree looks like a safe place to sleep, and a potential food source. Is it a surprise then that I pick the burnt-out flower shop to hide in? All the windows are busted out, giving easy access to all sorts of people (much like myself) and those preying on us, to come in as they please. In fact, seeing the popularity of this option, there must already be a multitude of survivors in here. We just can't seem to get in contact with each other... Every time I think I've heard something, or seen someone move in the corner of my eye, they disappear as soon as I turn around. Weird, but I'll just roll along, trying to hide somewhere too from... 'OOOhhh, there are the next ones picking this option!' I notice before ducking behind a pile of broken pots.

·

I will choose Option 2. Looks like a perfect hideout for the time being

·

Option 2....currently seems like the best bet!

·

Option 2 please :)

·

I will choose option 2 this round

·

Option 2 Hide in the flower shop and search it for useful items.

And we're off! The race for survival begins!

·

I'll head towards the flower shop, hopefully no one will be around and can hide out there tonight. I choose option 2.

·

I'm heading to the flower shop.

·

I'll go with Option 2.

·

I will choose option 2

·

I will choose OPTION 2

·

I will go with option 2

·

I choose Option 2.

EDIT: Typed "3" instead of "2," fixed it.

·

Glad to be back again! I'm going with Option 2.

·

I choose Option 2!

·

Option 2 for me! Thanks @papa-pepper, looking forward to another season!

·

Option 2 for me!

·

Option 2 - flower shop for me (if I made it in time!)

·
·

This game requires players to signup before gameplay begins. You did not sign up, so you're not playing in Season 6. In addition, if you had been signed up, your post is still past the cutoff time and you would've been eliminated anyways.

If you'd like to play while waiting for Season 7, you're welcome to join the Play-Along-Pocalypse.

·

i ll go to option 2

·
·

You missed the cutoff time and were eliminated.

You can keep playing here while you wait for Season 7.

·

option 2 for me

·
·

You missed the cutoff time. You have been eliminated.

If you'd like to keep playing while you wait for Season 7, you can join the Play-Along-Pocalypse.

·

i choose option 2

·
·

You missed the cutoff time. You've been eliminated.

If you'd like to continue playing while you wait for Season 7, you can join the Play-Along-Pocalypse.

·

I choose option 2.

·
·

You missed the cutoff! C'mon, you know it's cutoff if there's already a new post.

You can still play in the Play-Along-Pocalypse though.

·
·
·

Crap!!! I jumped straight from the email you sent to the post. Plus I was out in the sticks and barely had a signal, I didn't go poking around. Time is my sworn enemy!

·
·
·
·

Sorry. :(

At least there's the play-along game!

·
·
·
·
·

I refuse to quit! Now I'm a double agent and I am assisting the enemy locate all the survivors!

That's an option right?

·

I will go with Option 3

·

Option 3 - Trees best bet

·
·

This game requires players to be signed up before gameplay begins. You did not signup for Season 6 so you are not playing in Season 6.

However, there's another version of the game that doesn't require you to signup if you'd like to play while waiting for the Season 7 signup to open. You can find that game here.

·

I choose option 3:
I am a faster climber than anyone I have met and can even jump from trees so there is almost no way I would get caught in a tree, I will just go with my strengths and hope this doesn't wind up being a death option anyways ;-)>
Super excited to finally have made this one. Its only due to the google signs ups I did weeks ago and the notifications!
Great job making this more successful than ever!

·
·

Haha...maybe I am faster....
But tree is best choice!! Good luck!

·
·
·

hahaha homeschoolkids ARE often good in trees.....Though I have been climbing for 29 years......

·

I choose option 3.

The van is sketchy and wide open. Easy target.

The shop is blown out, so all sorts of scavengers are probably in there, making it also an easy target.

Gotta get up high, and be difficult to reach. It's obscure, so it's secure. ;) Plus I can spy on those passing by. I'll whittle something sharp, create some camouflage, and hope I don't get shot. Maybe find some birds eggs or a tasty squirrel.

·

I choose option 3

·

I choose option 3 and I will add a sketch of myself hiding there. :)

·
·

Yay! Doodle squad is growing :)

·
·
·

Yup! We're gonna tell our story with doodles :)

·

This Kitten is going to hide in the most natural of places her feline instincts lead her to- the tree :)

Option 3, Kitten in a tree.

·

I have been trying to get this to load all morning oh my god.

Anyway, I just got chased out of my house?? No way I'm going anywhere near that flower shop. I'd be pretty suspicious of the van, too.

FIGHT OR FLIGHT REFLEXES!! I'm hiding out in the woods! I used to make club houses out of trees and bushes when I was a kid, so I'd actually camp out in the shrubs under the tree!

Depending on what kind of tree it was, I might dig up some of its roots while I was there. Some roots are edible, after all! I'd probably try to make something out of the twigs in the bushes to pass the time, though tbh I'm not sure what I would make.

And yknow, people are doodling their actions? I'mma doodle mine after class today lol.

·

I choose option 3 :-)

·

Option 3 works best for me as trees are our biggest support...

·
·