More information about Imran Awan surfaces as a second tenant describes her frequent interactions with the former IT staffer of Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Related Articles by @v4vapid
'Alex' aka Imran Awan
As previously reported, Imran Awan and his wife Hina Alvi have been indicted on four counts of bank fraud in connection with loans they received from the congressional credit union on several properties the couple owned in the DC/Virginia area.
George Webb has detailed how Imran, Hina, Jamal and other close to the Awans were employed as IT staffers in the US House of Representatives, including former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Furthermore, over the last 6 months George Webb has determined that the Awans own, or are involved in, multiple properties and businesses while simultaneously being employed by as IT staffers (making above average salaries of $160,000/yr each).
Recently, US marine Andre Taggart provided an in depth interview with Jason Goodman from Crowd Source the news speaking about his dealings with 'Alex' (Imran Awan), who was Taggart's landlord at the Hawkshead Drive address in Lorton Virginia, and the discovery of government blackberries and computer equipment in the Hawwkshead home.
Now, a second tenant who rented a home in Alexandria, Virginia, known only as 'Laurel', has provided additional information about Imran 'Alex' Awan.
Grand Jury Court Documents
Both the Sprayer address and Hawkshead address are detailed in the Bank Fraud case against Imran Awan and Hina Alvi.
PDF Warning - Be careful what you download -
Here's the interview with 'Laurel'
I'm also providing a summary of some of the most intriguing revelations here, but recommend that you listen to her interview as well.
Imran's Sprayer Street Property
- Tenant known only as 'Laurel' at this point
- Leased Sprayer property from Alex (Imran Awan) while going through a separation with her husband
- Rental period - 9 month lease: November the 7th, 2014 through July 31st, 2015
- Laurel worked in the private sector in the domain of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Before Laurel moved out, 'Alex' was looking to find a military family to take over the lease
Interactions with 'Alex'
- Changed name to Alex after originally being know to Laurel as Imran
- Alex stopped by the home every 2-3 days
- Had a key to the residence and let himself in
- Came to collect mail / making repairs to the rental
- Constantly coming and going from the home
- Often changed air conditioner filters every 2 months
- Two padlocked sheds on the property
Two padlocked sheds on the property
- Locked sheds were off limits to the tenants
- Lights constantly left on in the carport and inside the shed attached to the carport
- Laurel complained that since she was paying the electricity bill, could 'Alex' please turn them off
- 'Alex' said that the light came from a fan in order to 'cool the things left in storage'
Disputes over bills and issues at the home
- Disputes over financial issues
- Almost all rent payments were cash
- January payment made to 'old lady in the basement' (Suraiya Begum)
- Asks Laurel to pay for $350 for weed removal from a planter box after she moved out
- Dispute over who should pay for the broken air conditioner
Relationship between 'Laurel' and 'Alex'
- Very passive aggressive relationship
- Alex attempted to intimidate and pressure the tenant
- Pressured to sign a new 3 year lease
- Alex was derogatory towards Laurel and her daughter
- Laurel claims that her email account was hacked while she lived at the Sprayer home
- Her password has been changed
- Friends communicate that they have received unusual messages from her email
- Android phone crashes / infected with virus
- Kept photos records receipts on her phone: lease, craigslist ad for the home, etc.
- Still in possession of phone, unable to access
- Believes that she was a victim of identity theft
Shawn Boburg from Washington Post
- Reporter from WaPo contacted Laurel about living at the Sprayer property
- Reporter stated that he got her name from Lexis-Nexus
- During conversation, he asked Laurel if she knew any names from a list
- It occurred to Laurel that she did recognize a few of the names from the stacks of mail that arrived at the home
- Former tenants continued to receive mail at the address
- Mail addressed to Imran and Hina also came to the address
- Laurel checked her name online Spokeo.com and at the address, and found several iterations of her name
- She only goes by her legal name
- There are also a number of names related to the home as 'current residents' / at least 5 different names atm
- Claims Imran used the email account [email protected] in interaction with her
- It was recently revealed that Imran was still using this email up until 2 weeks ago
- Believes that Jamal Awan is Imran's son
- Laurel had a conversation with Imran, where Imran related he had a car dealership with his uncle and that they were going through bankruptcy
Laurel's identity has been revealed as Laurel Everly
Her full name appears on this document available from Crowd Source the Truth
Warning - Be careful what you download -
While writing this post I inadvertently discovered her full name as the Spokeo.com site blanked out her first name but displayed her last name. I'm assuming that Corwd Source the Truth got her blessing to publish her full name after the interview.
A key revelation in this interview is the existence of two sheds that were off limits and one with a cooling system. Knowing that government computer equipment was discovered and turned over to law enforcement by Mr. Taggart at the Hawkshead Drive address, could the Sprayer address be the location of the external server that George Webb has been speculating about?
Images: The daily caller