In the last few weeks, and even days, there have been tons of issues thrown at the Smartcash Dev team:
- Zerocoin exploit which caused a price crash - 50% down
- Launching the SmartNodes and new wallet 1.1
- Soft Fork to fix Zerocoin exploit
- Wallet issues on various exchanges
- Real time support for users with wallets issues
- DDos on SmartCash mining pool
- Shameful behaviour of an exchange which previously had the highest trade volumes for #smartcash
It seemed that wherever we looked, another brick was being thrown at us.
What stands out to me, however, is the strength of the Dev team.
At the end of 2017, the clear work item and next delivery was the #smartnodes, and wallet 1.1.0 to go with it. The was planned for the 11th of January to mark the 6th month anniversary of #Smartcash. Even in our wildest dreams, we couldn't have foreseen the Zerocoin exploit attack that would happen prior to the planned launch of the smartnodes. I personally assumed that there would be a delay to the #smartnodes launch, but our Devs stood up to the challenge.
- They fixed the zerocoin exploit with a soft fork
- They launched the wallet 1.1.0 as planned
- They also launched the #smartnodes on schedule
As someone who actually set up a node on the day of the launch, I can tell you that it had easy to follow documentation, especially considering the immense amount of pressure that the Dev team had to work under to hit this deadline.
Next up for the Devs, were the wallet issues on the various exchanges, which pretty much brought trading to a halt. The response to this was:
- SmartCash got listed on a lot more exchanges during this period including my new favourite, #Crypto-Bridge and the largest exchange in Brazil
- The Dev team worked with each exchange to resolve issues, to ensure that trading resumed
- A Discord support channel was created, where members of the community helped each other and Devs were also available able to handle more technical issues
YES WE CAN
There was no squashing the #Smartcash community, but just when we were about to exhale in relief, we heard about the DDos attack on our mining pools. In addition to this, our previous largest exchange suddenly (and unprofessionally) decided not to support the project (their loss).
BRING IT ON!
Any one of these issues could have killed any other project, but we had it all under control, and we are still standing. Kudos to our very resilient and intelligent team of developers, who found quick solutions to all of the challenges that were thrown at them at the same time and well done to the wonderful and supportive #smartcash community. It is only the 21st of January, 2018, and all these we have weathered from 8th of January 2018. It been a very intense few days.
The road ahead may be full of challenges but with the right team we will get there
We may not say it enough, but I am sure I speak for a good number of the community when I say well done to our Dev team. We appreciate your tireless efforts to keep the lights on and we thank you for all of your work.
Learn More About Smartcash:
Join Our Community: