The child is young
& empty inside
food is hard to
come by what to eat
Holding a cup up to a stranger
Anything a bite a treat
Anything to feel complete
copyright2018 steemit.com/@isteemithard - image source
Original Poem by @isteemithard this poem is written in the style of Jim Morrison's poem "Open". This is my entry for the The Writers’ Block Poetry Contest: Week 3 by @thewritersblock here is the post
The Writers’ Block Poetry Contest: Week 3
WRITING PROMPT: Write a poem in the style of your favorite professional poet. Make sure to name the poet whose style you are imitating in your post somewhere.
- Original work only. All plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Unless designated by the prompt, the structure of the poem can be anything you like. Free verse, rhymed, and prose poetry are all 100% welcome.
- One entry per person, per week.
- Post your poem to your own blog to enter. The title of your post should be [the title of your poem - Writers Block Poetry Contest Week 3].
- Tag your entry with #twbpoetrycontest
- Post a link to your poem in the replies to this post.
-This contest runs until 23:59 UTC / GMT Feb 10th.
- The winner will receive 15 SBD. Second place will win 10 SBD and third will receive 7 SBD.
The night is young
& full of rest
I can’t describe the
way she’s dress’d
She’ll pander to some strange
Anything that you suggest
Anything to please her guest
Poem by Jim Morrison