This is a phishing warning. The levels of malicious links in comments have reached extreme proportions. Nearly 500 accounts have been infected to date.
DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS IN COMMENTS
Example Phishing Scams
- Free votes
- 10% off votes
- Promotion bot
- Steemian Day
- Your post was stolen
- You stole a post
- Anything else that gives you a link
- Bots that trawl for passwords that were accidentally posted
- Bots that trick you into delegating all your SP
There are no short cuts. These hackers and scammers are trying to trick you because they know you're trying to write a good blog and are getting no votes. They know you may not speak English too well or that you're using a mobile phone. They know that 90% of comments out there are bots. They're playing you. Don't let them.
What They Want
- Your password
- Your money
- Your SP delegated to them
- Your account to spread comments with
What You Can Do
- Only use your private posting key (go to your wallet, then permissions tab to get it)
- Monitor your wallet transactions
- Recover your account if you can't log in (go to https://steemit.com/recover_account_step_1) and make sure you use the email address you signed up with
- Change your password if they have your private posting key (https://steemit.com/change_password)
- Go to steem.chat and ask for help in the #help or #steemitabuse channels
- See something suspicious? Report here https://steemcleaners.org/abuse-report/
- Report in steem.chat #steemitabuse or in Discord https://discord.gg/xzZvzV3
If You Got Hacked
- Tell us and keep us up to date on how your recovery is going
- Don't delete the flagged comments, just edit them to remove the phishing links the hackers posted
- Make sure you change your password immediately if the hackers didn't change it
- Start the recovery process immediately
- If something went horribly wrong we will sponsor you a new STEEM account
- The money the hackers stole can't be returned to you
- If you lose some or all of your reputation in the process of being disinfected don't worry about it, it will come back over time
- If you get a odd error while changing your password, wait a bit -- a password can only be changed once an hour
- No, a hacker can't delete your account
Read this first:
How do I check if I'm delegating my SP to a hacker?
How do I undelegate the SP?
Undelegating is just re-delegating but with zero 'vests' (SP). You can undelegate with Steem Connect by changing parts of this URL: https://v2.steemconnect.com/sign/delegateVestingShares?delegator=youraccountnamehere&delegatee=thehackeraccountnamehere&vesting_shares=000000.000000%20VESTS
Who can I ask for help?
Myself (@guiltyparties), other @steemcleaners members (@patrice, @pjau, @anyx, @pfunk, @logic), @arcange, @bullionstackers, or most project leaders who are familiar with how STEEM works or how to reach us. Remember, you need to contact us to get taken off the infected list!
Translate this post into as many languages as possible to help spread the word!
Like what we're doing? Support us as a Witness.
At the bottom, type in guiltyparties