This week the community was warned about Ben Schwartz (@fatpandadesign / @getslothyy), an online scammer who has stolen thousands of dollars.
You can read about it in this post by @neoxian, as well as in this post by @therealwolf.
Tonight we want to spend some time talking about online scammers and how to recognize and avoid them.
How to spot an online scammer:
- targets people with large wallets
- targets Empaths and/or vulnerable, sensitive types of people
- may work to gain trust and make connections by giving small gifts or completing small transactions with you
- attempts to gain sympathy with stories of hardships - hospital bills, stolen assets, family emergencies, etc.
- may attempt to lure you into another network or means of communication like personal email or text
- will often exhibit erratic or dramatic behavior and frantic typing patterns
- resorts to using emotional manipulation based on their hardships if they are having a hard time getting your money - trying to make you feel guilty or like a bad person for not helping them
- look out for holes in their stories or contradictions
Please Join Us For Episode 30 of The Peace Academy Tonight 10-11 PM EST/ 2-3 AM UTC!
You can listen on twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/mspwaves
You can join broadcast hosts in a special chat room on the MSP Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/aCGWaDQ
You can check out http://mspwaves.com for more information