Textile Upcycled Product of the Week | Dolls
Textile Upcycled Product of the Week
Every week, we profile one of our textile recycled products.
#ecoDesigned Product | Dolls
Why make Dolls?
- Almost every dolls in the Cameroonian market is imported and this is not doing any good to our economy.
- The imported dolls are mostly made from plastic and when they get bad, they contribute to plastic pollution.
- The imported dolls are very expensive and as such, most families can not afford to purchase dolls for their kids.
- Its fun and creative
The steps involved in the production of our ecodesigned Dolls include;
1. Collection of the textile offucts
2. Shaping and Sizing the textile offcuts to be of same sizes
3. Sewing the offcuts together to produce the #ecodesigned fabric. Once we have the #ecodesigned fabric made, we can now use it to sew our #ecodesigned doll garment.
4. Design, cut and sew the #ecodesigned doll garment of your choice and size and then stuff it with textile offcuts.
Our ecodesigned dolls simple and beautiful but give children the joy and fun of dolls.
Our dolls are stuffed with textile offcuts, hence contribute in keeping textile waste out of the environment. As compared to imported plastic dolls that sell at $5 and above, our dolls cost $2 and are recyclable.
When we sell our dolls, we ask our clients to bring them back to us in case they get torn or in case they no longer like it so that we can mend it or repurpose it to always look great. With our @ecodesigns dolls, we are putting on smiles on the faces of children.
By purchasing a Garment from @ecodesigns, you are supporting @thegreens to train women and girls for free in textile recycling and fashion designing as well as supporting us to reduce textile waste pollution via the recycling of textile offcuts and textile waste in the North West Region of Cameroon
WhatsApp Contact: +237 676243136
Every week, the hub upcycles 50 pounds of textile waste in a bid to curb textile waste pollution and Climate Change.
By supporting @ecodesigns, you are contributing to reducing female youth unemployment and poverty, promoting women empowerment and entrepreneurship, improving the health and wellbeing of orphans, prisoners and poor people who can’t afford quality garments, as well as contributing to fight textile waste pollution and climate change. You can support @ecodesigns by;